I have run into a dilemma when I use my BlackBerry 8830's audio output jack to connect it to my car stereo's AUX IN jack. That way, I can listen to the music I have on my SD card through the media feature in the BlackBerry.

The jack on the BlackBerry is small while the jack on my car stereo is slightly bigger. I purchased an adapter as well as a short cable from Radio Shack which enables me to connect the BlackBerry to the car stereo. The adapter has three black dots on one end while the cable from the adapter to the stereo has two black dots. In case you don't know what I mean, it's the little stripes on the silver end of the plug.

So, I went to connect the BlackBerry to the car stereo and - to my dismay - nothing. Everything still plays from my BlackBerry but not through my car stereo. I went back to Radio Shack to see when could be done but they tried to talk me into a new BlackBerry which would accept just the short cable without the need for an adapter - I am still into a contract with Verizon until April of 2011 and I am only four months away from using my New Every Two for a new phone; besides, Radio Shack tried to fast talk me out of my Verizon contract and I feel Radio Shack tried to pressure me into changing without thinking it over first.

So, is there a cable out there that I can connect my BlackBerry to my car stereo that has the three bloack dots on either end? This would be similar to the earphones that are made for the BlackBerry 8830 that are plugged into the audio jack. Any help before I spend any more money on something that would not work would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
    08-08-10 07:44 PM
    Check the Seidio site. It's been almost 3 yrs ago that I bought an adapter cable from them for my 8830. At that time, they had one of the very few adapters that worked correctly.
    08-11-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD