Hey all-
    I got my new 8830 about a week and half ago and I am somewhat dissapointed. Aside from my battery, which barely makes it through the day, alot of my email attachments are not coming through on my work, a POP3 , account. It happens to be an Optonline.net account. Weird thing is, is that it comes through fine on my laptop. Its not limited to any type or size of file. Even wierder, it only seems to happen when someone from the same domain name sends me a file. I have two other account linked to my BB, a Gmail, and AOL, and they both work fine. Normally I wouldn't make a big fuss, but this is my work account and i work in the Printing/Graphic arts field, so this is crippling my production. I spent 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon and my ISP to try and figure this out, but both sides were stumped. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. If i cant resolve this, im just gonna return it and get an iPhone. Looking foward for some answers!
    07-11-07 11:55 PM
    What size are the attachments? Normally, anything up to about 6mb (that I've tested thus far), should come through...
    07-12-07 04:47 AM
    Do you mean there is no [attachment] at the end of the email, or they are not downloading? Blackberry doesn't download attachments automatically.
    07-12-07 11:52 AM
    The blackberry doesnt even recognize that there are attachments. I've done some research, and apparently the problem is as follows: When someone sends a file using MAIL for Mac OS X, and also has a signature in the email, for some odd reason, this prevents the blackberry from "seeing" it. I looked on the forums on Apple's site, and there are two other posts from way back when reporting the same issue. Unfortunatly, no one was able to supply a feasble answer. Any advice?
    07-12-07 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD