I've had a the 8830 for almost a year and love the phone. Well, it broke on me the other day and I got a new one today and I'm not able to find my Browser or set up my email. There's no browser on the phone and theres no way for me to set up a personal email. The only email I can register is a work email with an activation password from my work. I did all of this when i first got the phone almost a year ago but I forgot what I did. Haha. I have the 4.2.2.196 OS. Could anybody help me?!? Anything would be appreciated.
    01-31-09 09:07 PM
    You need to register the HRT to get the browser. Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now. There should be an Email Setup Wizard. It may be hidden. Menu ShowAll will reveal it if it is. Or you may need to send your service books. Here's a thread that tells how: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/serv...ks-how-115031/

Once you get the Email Wizard back, it also has a menu option to send service books.
    01-31-09 09:20 PM
    Once I registered the Blackberry I got the Browser icon and was able to register a personal email in the setup wizard. Thanks for the help!
    02-01-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD