Does anyone out there use a Bluetooth GPS Receiver with their 8830? I'd like to get some feedback out there. Personally I have my eye on the Freedom Mini GPS which Ive seen on TreoCentral store weeks ago. Any input I greatly appreciate.
    10-03-07 10:15 PM
    Yes, I had a Treo 650 with TomTom Navigator 6 with the TomTom bluetooth GPS reciever. Works great with Google Maps as well as the BB Maps.
    10-09-07 04:33 PM
    Yes, I had a Treo 650 with TomTom Navigator 6 with the TomTom bluetooth GPS reciever. Works great with Google Maps as well as the BB Maps.
    I have the GlobalSat BT-359 bluetooth receiver and love it. It is compact and doesn't require any mounting at all. I just put it on my dashboard and it doesn't move around or anything.

It connects easily and very seldomly loses a signal.

When choosing the software you use, I would be very careful to make sure your needs are being met. Google Maps and BB Maps are good for tracking you and finding restaurants, etc. close to your proximity, but they DO NOT offer turn by turn directions, which, in my opinion is the only purpose for a handheld GPS navigator.

I use TeleNav and like it very much, but the service is an additional $9.95 per month. I have yet to find anything that allows you to load the maps resident to the device, like many of the less portable GPS navigators offer. Given this, its also important to note that regardless of whether you're using TeleNav, BB Maps or Google Maps, if you're out of your cell provider's data coverage area, the GPS will not work. This has become an issue for me on long road trips.
    10-10-07 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD