I just put the os 4.5.0.77 on my bb 8830 and i looove it I'm just having a few problems... when i go to the sound setting and then advanced.. to change my ringtone or my message tone or whatever on some of the profiles ( loud, phone only, vibrate) it doesn't let me go in and change it.. for example if i am trying to change my tone for my email on loud i cant, i click on it and nothing happens.. does anyone else know why this is happening and if there is a way around this problem or how to fix it...

THANKS
    09-04-08 12:15 AM
    I don't have an 8830 mate, but have been reading some posts about people having some issues with their 8830 on OS .77. Hopefully someone with an 8830 might share their experience and answer your questions. By the way welcome to CB
    09-04-08 01:01 AM
    Hopefully, before you updated, you installed the latest version of DM on your destop. And hopefully you made a backup of your BB before updating the OS. If you did these two things then hook up your BB to DM. Restore only the profile files. I did the same thing but was able to figure it out.
    09-04-08 06:29 AM
    Not sure if the problem could be related to this but do you still have your OEM ringtones? If not you need to copy "net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm.cod" from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41\Java" and paste it into the loader files folder for .77. Rename the file "net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod". After this all you should have to do is plug your BB into your PC and open Desktop Manager and it should pick up the file change. Do a battery pull and everything should be good. Just a thought.....
    09-04-08 07:48 AM
    Spend some time in the BETA forum. The ringer issue has been covered extensively for the .77 version there.
    09-04-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD