I am looking for a way (software?) to send/receive fax transmissions on my BB 8830.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-07-08 12:45 PM
    I was going to say this: Cortado Fax for BlackBerry (3 Months) (7100 and 8700 series and others) - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store but it looks like its a no go on the 8830. Maybe watch out for a version that will be compatible.
    04-07-08 12:56 PM
    If you have Notes/Domino and IF your company has a fax server/printer installed, then you can send to it like from your desktop/laptop : )
    04-17-08 08:04 PM
    I am looking for a way (software?) to send/receive fax transmissions on my BB 8830.

He Petrack

The Way I Do This Is That I Have An E-Fax, In Which I Have A Dedicated Email On My BlackBerry Just For "FAX" Messages. That Way I Get Notified Every Time I Receive A Fax.

1) Client Sends Fax To My E-Fax Number
    2) Fax Goes To The Server
    3) The Server Notifies Me Through Email That I Chose
    4) My BlackBerry Gets The Email/Fax Alert
    04-19-08 07:11 PM
    I have efax also but cannot open the email of the fax on my Blackberry Pearl. Do I need to download some software or something?
    07-23-08 01:56 PM

Actually, yes. Moderator AZEIS got it partially right. You can check out our hosted services site at Cortado.com. You can add faxing to your BlackBerry for a small monthly fee. Add it when you need it and then stop it when you don't. Also, it is very compatible with your 8830, and the 8330 Curve too.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at [email protected] and I'll steer you in the right direction.

Roger
    11-26-08 09:20 AM
    I am not a blackberry user yet but intend to upgrade to one in a couple of months. I am also looking to send and recieve faxes. I currently fax checks to certain vendors and want to do away with my home phone. I currently print the check out on my printer and then simply fax it over a land line. Is there a blackberry capable of linking to my printer and doing this? If so, which blackberry would I need to purchase and is there certain software or cables needed to achieve this.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    02-18-09 11:33 AM
    Try eFax.com, you can receive faxes as emails with pdf attachments. I am not sure if you can fax though
    02-18-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD