my left silver rail at the very bottom seems to have a creaking noise. when i hold the phone and my is near the bottom, the rail somewhat pushes in and it makes a little noise. it's like the noise when you squeeze say a remote control. There is nothing physically wrong with my phone, it looks brand new but that noise is just bothering me. can i take the rail off and but it back on to see if it gets a tighter fit? Does anyone know what i am talking about, i might not be explaining this right!
    please help, i am frustrated!!!
    10-25-07 01:31 PM
    Got my 8830 and within a week the noise was driving me crazy. Took it back to Verizon and got a new one and about 2 weeks later that one was making the same noise. Its not like I was holding it like it was going to fly away either. Bought a skin for it and it made it a little better, its just a cheaply constructed phone.
    10-25-07 05:40 PM
    I don't get that noise with mine - with one exception... if I squeeze it - putting a little excess pressure on the sides more than what you'd normally do with regular usage gives a very very slight creak - so slight I wouldn't hear it in a moderately noisy environment. Maybe a hard case (one of those rubberized or metal ones) might help?
    10-25-07 05:54 PM
    Yeah I was thinking about a case but i just like naked look of my BB. I mean it's really not that bad like i said, you can't physically see anything wrong with it, so maybe i will just stick it out and get used to it! For some reason i am very particular about stuff like that though.
    Is there anyway to replace the silver rails? maybe that would help?!?!
    10-26-07 07:30 AM
    I have a 8320 and noticed the same thing. Very annoying. It's only when I hold it certain ways and I'm really typing up a storm though. lol
    10-26-07 07:50 AM
    Yeah I was thinking about a case but i just like naked look of my BB. I mean it's really not that bad like i said, you can't physically see anything wrong with it, so maybe i will just stick it out and get used to it! For some reason i am very particular about stuff like that though.
    Is there anyway to replace the silver rails? maybe that would help?!?!
    Yes you can buy new rails, they run around 5 or 6 dollars.
    10-26-07 07:58 AM
    Are they easy to install? will I void the warranty?
    10-26-07 09:14 AM
    I've had the same issues with my 8830. It's the construction of the plate by the mouthpiece. Mine started making the noise shortly after purchasing it. It seems to be a default in design. Best not to break or attempt to repair it, or you could void any warranty. I've just learned to live with it by getting a blue tooth. No more creaking while I'm on the phone.
    10-26-07 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD