Blackberry World Edition 8830 is a Alltel phone and I am wanting to activate it on my Verizon account under my Verizon number. How do I do this? Thanks.
    10-14-09 01:57 PM
    You can't... Unless you can find a CSR that's willing to risk his job to get your phone activated...
    10-16-09 07:59 AM
    Actually you won't even be able to unless you have had an alltel plan in the past, i.e. Your all-tel account was migrated and now you chose to be on a verizon plan. Also, if you do this, you will lose any workplace discounts you have on your account. So, as much as I LOVE my world edition, it sadly, won't work for you that way. Good luck though, find another WE on ebay or craigslist.org and do it the legit way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:49 PM
    im new on here but in my past experience any cdma phone can be put on any cdma network. i usually just activate the phone myself by calling *611 or even easier log on to vzw and click onto activate a phone, enter in the esn/meid from the phone you want to use, wait 5-10 mins, call *228, enter 1 to program, wait a minute and it'll be done.

just gave a friend of mine a vzw phone and he activated it on alltel network no problem.

hope this helps
    10-19-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD