Im about to go over to England and after reading some information on Alltel's site im now wondering if ill be able to just purhcase a sim in England ( say orange).

I hadnt thought that the sim may be locked to Alltel as i just noticed they have there own that can be purchased for International travel.

Has anyone tried the Alltel 8830 with other sims?

Sorry for the newb question. Theres no way for me to really test it myself till im over there and it will be too late.

Best Wishes

Adam
    07-04-08 09:57 PM
    Sure the thread says Verizon, but it's the same. http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/unl...s-8830-a-1356/
    07-04-08 10:04 PM
    Don't think it's locked. Verizon is the only one that locks it. Keep in mind that you'll be able to make calls, but not have data with another SIM like that.
    07-04-08 11:34 PM
    Has anybody tried this to find out for sure? Has the OP been on his/her trip?

I have an 8830 IR with Alltel and I will be in Europe for 2 weeks in August. I'd sure like to have the otpion of popping in a prepaid SIM for voice calls. Alltel's international rates are steep in the Czech Republic ($3.49/minute).
    07-09-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD