Let me be brief, and as polite as I can be.

You have described the steps VERBATIM for setting up BIS for an outlook account via the device.

Thanks for your perspective but the issue that I originally posted and discussed results MUCH LATER than the initial setup.

I was never having an issue setting up BIS via the device for an outlook account. The issue is stated above.

Again, thanks for your perspective.
    03-05-10 04:14 PM
    Anyway, i had the same problem all the guys here in the forum suffered with and it was really annoying me. This is how i got to this forum anyway. Now all is fine after setting up the way i mentioned before.
    03-07-10 10:51 AM
    I have this issue as well. I am waiting for help from my IT but in the meantime I am wasting a HUGE amount of time going through emails in outlook and attempting to figure out if I missed anything.

My messages in outlook are being marked read when they are delivered to the BB, not when they are read on the BB.

I think someone offered a solution above, but to be honest, I don't know that much about setting up emails on a BB and the responses are confusing to me. Can someone explain to me, in simple terms, what I can do to fix this?

PLEASE HELP! This is driving me crazy!

Thanks...
    08-31-10 05:01 PM
    Has anybody figured out a solution for this that does not involve using OWA? The implementation of Exchange that we use doesn't support that.

Thanks.
    10-27-10 03:47 PM
    Hey peeps!!

I had the exact same problem and I can tell you I just fixed it following the instructions of Rawad Halawi - THANKS MAN!!!! . The only different thing I did was delete the profile first from the website and then recreating it.

For rcr682k2: Dude.. Im surprised how 'in the box' your thinking is. I cant believe how you wouldnt even try a solution that has worked for 2 different people now just because it doesnt make sense to your little brain. Also WTF with your cocky and stupid atittude against someone that is in fact HELPING YOU!!!!!

I cant believe how stupid you are dude.. and quoting you 'as polite as I can be' I feel sorry for you.

and also VERBATIM: CHINGA TU MADRE PENDEJO!!!
    10-28-10 12:44 AM
    dear from down under, could you tell me please how to delete the profile from the website, i new in BB services

Thanks
    11-10-10 08:08 AM
    HELP. This is a problem for me as well . . . everyone on my network has the same problem.......... the emails show open and you have never read it anywhere........ definitely a problem.
    11-24-10 12:40 PM
    I'm having same problem with email being marked as read in Outlook2007 even though they are un-opened/un-read on BB.

I'd be happy to follow the advice from Rawad Halawi (post #23 in this thread) but i don't have the option to enter my own settings when re-establishing new email account so I'm not sure how to switch from POP3 to OWA. Any suggestions or other solutions for this problem?

Curve 9330 Verizon/BIS.
    01-05-11 04:11 PM
    Ok. I figured this one out....finally. it's pretty simple, but not intuitive.

I followed this KB article. KB02189

You must set up OWA using the BIS website.

Scroll down to the KB section: Associating an email account using the advanced integration method.

The key here is to LEAVE THE PASSWORD FIELD BLANK. That will allow you to provide the additional settings necessary for Outlook Web Access integration. You will need to know your OWA URL, username and password. these are all the same as you would use for logging in to OWA through your PC.

This solved the "unread mail marked as read" for me. I hope it does for you, too.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by pdcrowe; 02-03-11 at 07:42 AM.
    02-03-11 07:40 AM
    I have this same problem, however I do NOT have the option of using OWA. My company has switched to forms-based authentication which is not compatible with BIS. The result is that I can send emails from my Berry, but not receive them.

So, obviously I need to keep the POP3 setting going. However, I do want my Outlook to leave them Unread. Any solutions that do NOT involve using OWA?
    07-13-11 05:34 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD