I have recently updated my 8830 to RIM 4.5.0.135 from whatever the last sprint official software release was (4.2 something) and now when I am in a call, the phone does not display the current call timer. I used to be able to see that I was in the call for 5:32 or 16:25 or whatever.

I have searched through all the settings that I can find and there is nothing mentioned about how to enable/disable this. Sprint BB tech support knows nothing. I have also searched through the forums here and have not been able to find a solution (or anyone even talking about this issue).

Does anyone know where this setting is or some way to re-enable the in call timer?

THANKS
    02-27-09 12:58 PM
    mine is the same too. The on screen timer is now gone on .135

Rob
    02-27-09 06:48 PM
    Mine Too. No call timer
    03-03-09 01:13 PM
    After you are done with the call you can go to view history and and it will tell you how long the phone call lasted at that point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 01:18 PM
    Yeah no in call timer and viewing history would get annoying, not a big deal im sure it can easily be fixed
    03-03-09 01:26 PM
    I always just talk and end the conversation when I am done talking can't recall the last time that I needed to know how long I had been on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 01:35 PM
    I am having the same problem. For someone who actually has to watch their minutes, such as myself. I need this timer to know when to hang up and stop holding.

I am on the phone with Sprint to fix this now. I will update as soon as the Sprint Blackberry Tech tell me what to do.
    03-12-09 09:54 AM
    I am having the same problem. For someone who actually has to watch their minutes, such as myself. I need this timer to know when to hang up and stop holding.

I am on the phone with Sprint to fix this now. I will update as soon as the Sprint Blackberry Tech tell me what to do.
    Hey, pretty long time on the phone with Sprint Tech SUpport
    Hope u got a solution.
    03-12-09 12:57 PM
    I think this is a glitch that will probably be addressed in a future OS release. It looks pretty widespread and I'm sure RIM has heard about it by now.
    03-12-09 01:05 PM
    Just upgraded, and the timer is gone now. Of course, the fanboys always brush off serious issues with a "no big deal." It is a big deal, especially for people who call international. This sucks!
    04-29-09 04:04 PM

I called Sprint a few months back about the same problem. The tech i spoke with was clueless about what i am talking about and could not provide a solution except that i can always check the call time after i hang up from a call and view the history.
    They r no help. I think its a problem within the OS release itself.
    04-30-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD