After I plug my BB into my computer, new icon for "K" drive comes up. The sync w/ outlook works fine (using BB desktop manager), but I'm unable to transfer any media back and forth because it keeps saying

"please insert a disc into drive K"

The "enable mass storage" option never pops up on my blackberry. Even if I turn it on using the options under media card (which I don't have), it doesn't change anything.

I spent an hr on the phone w/ verizon/blackberry support, what a waste of time, trying to see if I can get some help here.

Thanks

Miz
    03-31-08 02:59 PM
    You can't use Mass Storage without a Media Card! You can access the "internal" limited device memory to put stuff on it like ringtones or pictures through the Roxio Media Manager that came with the DM software.

The error message you get with your K: drive is because there is no Media Card in it.
    03-31-08 03:04 PM
    You need a memory card in your phone for the computer to access. The phone itself is not a storage device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 05:05 PM
    Mine did the same thing.
    I have to open Roxio then close it. For some reason after I do that I can navigate just fine.
    03-31-08 06:11 PM
    How many different ways can you say the same thing I did? Just wondering....
    03-31-08 08:33 PM
    I have tried to use Roxio. I get the exact same error message from within Roxio. It just won't recognize the F drive as being the phone even though it is this letter which pops up once I plug the phone in.

Am I missing something? Within roxio am I looking for the BB folder in the wrong place? How do you navigate to the BB folder from within Roxio?
    04-02-08 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD