Does anyone have any suggestions for software that will permit me to read the PDF Files attached to email I receive on my 8830? Is it even possible on a Blackberry?
    01-04-08 10:10 AM
    01-04-08 10:25 AM
    In addition to using (and buying beamberry) the bb will read the pdf file. Just click on the attachment; the bb issue is that if the pdf is from a scan and is a large document, using the bb zoom feature can make the document indistinct. beamberry is better and, docs to go, widely used by the treos, will be available for the bb in the upcoming months. hope this helps
    01-04-08 11:06 AM
    any free software for viewing pdf files on a BB?
    01-04-08 11:25 PM
    My BB opens up pdf email attachments just fine. Why is this such a problem for everyone? Seems lately everyone has issues with attachments. Am I missing something? :shrugs:
    01-04-08 11:40 PM
    My BB opens up pdf email attachments just fine. Why is this such a problem for everyone? Seems lately everyone has issues with attachments. Am I missing something? :shrugs:
    It doesn't work for me... How are you opening the PDF?
    01-19-08 01:03 AM
    RFJohnston, what OS are you running on your BB?
    01-21-08 01:23 PM
    I have great luck using the built in viewer for PDFs. It's not as great as Beamberry, but I think it does a more than adequate job and it's FREE. The key is that when you zoom in to look at details in the PDF, you have to be sure to use the enhance option to make sure that it's readable.

On OS v.4.2.2.176
    01-21-08 04:53 PM
    Opening pdf files on my 8830 without any additionally downloaded programs, works for me, too. I just opened one up by clicking on "Attachment." I was able to zoom, rotate, etc. Clicking on "full page" and "enhance," enabled me to scroll around the document, and gave me the best overall view.

Now that BeamBerry is no longer a Beta, I'd rather not pay them the yearly fee to use it.
    01-21-08 05:35 PM
    Right, but how do you open a pdf that is saved to the storage card??
    09-20-09 09:16 PM
    It's possible, but you need third party software at the moment. If someone sends you a pdf and you receive it on your BlackBerry, the attachment went through the BIS/BES servers first which should have converted it into an .jpg file. That's why you can read them, otherwise you cannot if it is a .pdf file stored in on your BlackBerry or storage card.
    10-14-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD