How can I specify what address I use when replying to emails? I've looked in all the menus but can't seem to find anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-07 06:52 AM
    When you create a new email go up to the From field and change it with menu. By default it replys from the email address of the mailbox it came to.
    09-10-07 08:05 AM
    I do that when sending a new message. But I was curious about replying. I have an email that is a forwarding address, so when I reply I was curious what mail it sends from and if I could change it. It is my work email - one address that forwards to 3 people. And I reply from a different address, but I wanted to make sure when I do it gets sent from my work address and not like my Gmail or BB address. There is no From field to change when replying (unless I don't see it) ... thanks.
    09-10-07 09:17 AM
    Because of how you have it setup, you'd have to choose the forward option. Then you'll see the option at the top to switch the 'sending' account...
    09-10-07 10:22 AM
    I believe the PocketDay ($) app has a mail extension feature that allows you to specify an alternate reply-to address. Presumaby your reply would still be "from" the replying addressee, but the correspondent's subsequent reply would be delivered to the "reply-to" address.

Another path might be to use the new Google Mail client with Gmail. You can configure Gmail to adapt the reply's "from" address based on the origin from where the message was forwarded to your common Gmail "collector" inbox. (They did a nice job with this feature.)

-^-rdj-^-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-07 12:51 PM
    Perhaps I misunderstand the question, but I thought you were asking about how to receive an e-mail to one address, but when replying to that e-mail or sending a new one have it show an alternative address (not the addressed in the pull down menu at the top of a new message).

You weren't specific about whether you have BES an BIS e-mails. I am currently hooked up to a BES and have 3 BIS POP accounts on Verizon.
    I am able to do this on my BIS accounts.

I believe if you go to RIM's BIS account set up page, you can specify an alias/reply to address that will show the recipient of your e-mail any address you want it to. This set up has proven incredibly valuable because I work for multiple companies and I can only be on one BES. For the other work address, I have set up a BIS account and I had my company tech forward those e-mails to my new BIS/POP account address. When I reply to those e-mails or send a new message from that mailbox, the recipient thinks that it is coming from my company e-mail address. It's seemless and perfect.
    09-12-07 11:52 PM
    Hello.

I just got my Curve after a break from Blackberry and my 7520 back in the day.

I'm having some issues getting used to it again. Currently, I have 3 email accounts (2 work and 1 personal). According to the other posts I have read, to get instant email, I have everything being forwarded to my blackberry.net email.

It seems we're in a similar situation so can you break it down a little further (step by step would be great) on how to do what you mentioned in this post (so I can reply from different email addresses seamlessly)?

Thanks.

Perhaps I misunderstand the question, but I thought you were asking about how to receive an e-mail to one address, but when replying to that e-mail or sending a new one have it show an alternative address (not the addressed in the pull down menu at the top of a new message).

You weren't specific about whether you have BES an BIS e-mails. I am currently hooked up to a BES and have 3 BIS POP accounts on Verizon.
    I am able to do this on my BIS accounts.

I believe if you go to RIM's BIS account set up page, you can specify an alias/reply to address that will show the recipient of your e-mail any address you want it to. This set up has proven incredibly valuable because I work for multiple companies and I can only be on one BES. For the other work address, I have set up a BIS account and I had my company tech forward those e-mails to my new BIS/POP account address. When I reply to those e-mails or send a new message from that mailbox, the recipient thinks that it is coming from my company e-mail address. It's seemless and perfect.
    10-21-07 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD