My friend has an issue with their address book. When transferring all the names from their old (non-blackberry) phone to their new (blackberry) phone the first names are in the last name spot and the last name is in the first name spot.

He sync'd with outlook and fixed everything within outlook, but the blackberry will not update with the corrected information. Anybody know the best way to do this?

Should he delete all his contacts from his BB and upload them from outlook?

Is there an easy way to delete all?

Thank you.
    03-26-08 01:56 PM
    when i went from a non-blackberry to a blackberry i had the sprint store transfer my address book using their machine...i had no problems
    03-26-08 02:06 PM
    My friend had the verizon store change his and that is when all the information transfer was messed up. No he is trying to fix it.
    03-26-08 02:13 PM
    Check contacts-menu-options, set to "sort by first name"...

There's the same setting in contacts for outlook. I believe both default to last name first.
    03-26-08 02:27 PM
    Go in to the address book. Hit the BB function key, select options, then sort by First name.

EDIT:noroll beat me to it.
    03-26-08 02:35 PM
    The problem is that the first name is the last name, so if you sort by first name, you get the last name, if you sort by last name you get the first name...

When he looks at a contact the First Name lists the last name and the Last Name lists the first name.
    03-26-08 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD