To solve a problem with gaining easy access to "Tasks", I changed the convenience key to go to Tasks instead of to the Address Book like I'm used to. I figured no big deal, I can just start typing a name when I need to call/txt someone. Except now I'm having a problem where some names aren't being found.

They ARE in my address book, but they aren't found by typing it in.

An example: I start typing "Ryan" from the home screen. It says * No Addresses *. I go to the Address book and type "Ryan" and again, No Addresses. If I scroll through the Address Book with the track ball, Ryan is sitting right there where it should be.

This happens randomly with certain people, like the name "Pops" (my dad). Any idea what's going on with this?!
    04-17-08 10:27 AM
    Do you have content protection on (options / security)? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
    04-17-08 10:29 AM
    Check the filters in your address book - Menu Key > Filters - and make sure none are checked.
    04-17-08 10:31 AM
    WTF...I haven't changed a THING and now all of a sudden it's working. I did however resync the BlackBerry and unchecked "tasks" because it was hanging (pocketmac/leopard aren't friends with syncing tasks) and it completed a sync from start to finish. That must have had something to do with it.

Weird. PocketMac is a disgrace. I can't believe RIMM hasn't gotten off their *** with a better solution. Windows isn't the only one in town anymore, WAKE UP!

Thanks for the suggestions anyways guys, I appreciate it!
    04-17-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD