I tried to call a client today. I was told I had to
    'dial by last name' to reach them. Only as I tried to dial I realized that the letters above the numbers are not on my phone. I tried to visualize what letters were above which numbers. Is there any way on the 8830 to show this? I know my old treo showed it on the display. HELP!!!

Thanks!!
    05-07-08 02:50 PM
    Search for the thread "how to call numbers like 1800-best-buy". Its in there...but basically type the area code...then hit alt and the letter you need...it will spell it out on the screen, then just hit call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 02:54 PM
    Here's the thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...best-buy-8635/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 02:56 PM
    He's talking about a voicemail system where you dial by a person's name to reach them. Slightly different then what you guys posted.

Even still, hold down ALT when on the phone and dial the letter on the keyboard (doesn't matter if it's on a number or not), the tones will sound like it's a regular phone pad.
    05-07-08 04:33 PM
    You all are a big help!! This is exactly what I need! Where would I be without this site. It has saved me on several occassions!! THNX!
    05-08-08 12:50 PM
    Then how do you enter a # when dialing an office voice mail? I cannot get it to work with an altQ
    Holly
    01-30-09 05:15 PM
    When in a phone call, the numbers are active, so just press Q and it will automatically assume you want the # sign.

If you want to press the number associated with Q on normal phones, then press Alt-Q.
    01-30-09 06:46 PM
    I had found this app to help. check it out. Its Spell n dial

http://www.blackberryfreaks.com/down...spellndial.zip
    01-30-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD