AAAGGGGHHHH !!! my daughter's 8830 won't stay on. When she tries to power up it will turn on, then say "media card removed" or sometimes it wont say anything, it will light up for a second, then fade to black. I know it's still on cause it will still vibrate, but the screen will not come back on and it won't let me unlock it. This is my old bb and as far as I know she's never had a media card. Problem is, she's studying in London, I'm in Philly and don't know where to go, what to do. any advice would be greatly appreciated.....desperate dad
    03-09-09 12:13 PM
    First what is the status of the battery? Is it fully charged? Does the BB start-up when plugged in? Next do a battery pull....leave the battery out for 15 minutes. It is possible the battery is low or shot...
    03-09-09 12:45 PM
    AAAGGGGHHHH !!! my daughter's 8830 won't stay on. When she tries to power up it will turn on, then say "media card removed" or sometimes it wont say anything, it will light up for a second, then fade to black. I know it's still on cause it will still vibrate, but the screen will not come back on and it won't let me unlock it. This is my old bb and as far as I know she's never had a media card. Problem is, she's studying in London, I'm in Philly and don't know where to go, what to do. any advice would be greatly appreciated.....desperate dad
    will the BB power on if plugged in via USB or AC? Did the unit get "wet"
    03-09-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD