Hello everyone!

Called VZW, they helped me unlock my phone. Then I popped in a local SIM, and got everything to work (calls, SMS, Internet using GPRS, etc).

However, one thing is NOT working: GSM codes - you know, those special features like #61* etc. Instead of enabling/disabling the corresponding feature, the phone is actually trying to call the number, and I get a recorded error message from the network about the number not being available.
    When I pop in the SIM into a Nokia phone, the codes work fine.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks!
    11-03-08 05:25 AM
    Most likely an issue with the dialing logic for the phone. It's possible it was overlooked, however, all the normal codes I use work. What specific ones are you talking about? List them out as to what you mean by GSM codes... what do you dial and what do you expect it to do? For some things on a Blackberry, you actually have to type out the word associated with the code.
    11-03-08 10:28 AM
    Most likely an issue with the dialing logic for the phone. It's possible it was overlooked, however, all the normal codes I use work. What specific ones are you talking about? List them out as to what you mean by GSM codes... what do you dial and what do you expect it to do? For some things on a Blackberry, you actually have to type out the word associated with the code.
    None of the codes work.

When I send any code that starts with * and ends with a # to the GSM network, the Blackberry actually tries to call the number. Weird. It is as if it does not know that if a number starts with #, it should treat it differently.

In contrast, when I use my Nokia with the same SIM and dial any *...# number, the Nokia unit does not call the number, but displays the message "Requesting" - it knows that *...# means a GSM code.
    Last edited by sleepless; 11-03-08 at 11:27 AM.
    11-03-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD