Hello everyone,I just wanted to let everyone know that I have had my word edition phone for just under a year, all of my letters starting to come off.... Bell said that was because my nails were too long. They did end up replacing the phone with a brand new one...... but the key board sucks on these phones!!!!
    09-20-08 02:18 PM
    O...k...???

I know several people who are more than satisfied with their 88xx device - keyboard and all. I don't know that a whole thread about how the keyboard sucks is really necessary, but ok..
    09-20-08 02:21 PM
    I agree with Jenay, but also this should be and I see has been taken up with your carrier. I have heard people say the keys were to close together, but nothing about keys falling off....
    09-20-08 02:24 PM
    I also had that problem on my 8830 and it was caused from using alcohol on a q-tip to clean trackball, the black coating on all the keys nearby started to split. I got another and was more careful when cleaning and never had problems again.
    09-20-08 02:41 PM
    I have scuffed the paint off the raised ridge on many of the keys, but letters coming off? The letters are formed by the absence of paint. Have you scratched off so much paint that the letters are becoming indistinct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 02:45 PM
    My friend babies his 8830, a couple of the keys fell off, they went back on, but sometimes they will come off randomly.
    And Jenay, it's not a big deal, so no need to be rude because she posted a thread.
    09-20-08 04:18 PM
    some ppl get a free phone but arent happy maybe try the phone b4 u buy it? or cut nails lol
    09-22-08 02:39 PM
    I have had my 8830 for a few months. I cannot use the keyboard when I have my nails done! I just took my nails off and this solved the problem. I am really missing my nails looking nice, though, so I am going to try it again! I love the rest of the phone, so I guess I will just adapt!
    09-23-08 04:09 PM
    I have a Sprint 8830 and my girlfriend has a Verizon 8830, and her keyboard feels a little more stiff. I think sometimes it might be different by carrier? Anyways she does her nails too and she types perfectly fine.
    09-28-08 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD