Crazy I know but let me explain,,,Here is my wish,,,Can I teather my 8830 to a router in an area of my house where the signal is much better then go in my office and connect to the router thru a wireless connection. Not an expert by a long shot,,,that is why I am here asking you guys. Any hardware model numbers that could accomplish this and of course all the great tips would be appriciated.
    08-14-07 10:33 PM
    No, Although you do have a few options...

1.) Tether your phone to a PC and enable connection sharing on that PC to the other computers in your network. Also in doing this you have to change your wireless settings on your computer from Infrastructure to ADHOCK (Pc to Pc). At this point your wireless router will no longer be needed but this way can be a little messy.

2.) Buy an aircard and get this device.... CompUSA.com - D-Link 3G Mobile Router for EV-DO Networks, 802.11g, b - DIR-450 - Networking � Wireless � Routers

This device will allow you to connect an aircard into it and share that VIA your wireless network.

If you dont want use your current ISP and want to use verizon wireless as your ISP these are your 2 options. Option 2 is much better just an FYI
    08-15-07 11:13 AM
    Another option is using a longer USB cable, the spec says that a USB cable can be up to 16' long, however, I have found that you can go over 20' without any problems. Several companies out there sell 10' USB extension cables, that might do the trick. It is worth trying.

Derek
    08-15-07 09:25 PM
    FYI, if multiple PCs are sharing the connection and using loads of bandwidth, you might be violating Verizon's TOS. That will get your contract terminated.
    08-15-07 09:40 PM
    i'm sorry i some how double posted this with the bb
    Last edited by wabbit; 08-15-07 at 11:10 PM. Reason: double post
    08-15-07 11:03 PM
    Its rumored that vz cap is four gig. now instead of five, its some fine print on their unlimited data plan. But verizon wireless unlimited data has a cap of five gigs a month using it as a router i doubt it would work well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-07 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD