ok so im switching to sprint soon... i no i already posted about this but i need to know how the 8830 is for sprint give me the good and bad and i heard something about text a picture messages cant be sent??? and also if i get a data plan do i have to go with a blackberry plan or what???
    03-26-08 12:34 AM
    Sprint doesn't support MMS from any of their phones.... period.
    03-26-08 08:46 AM
    Sprint doesn't support MMS from any of their phones.... period.
    Sprint supports MMS on EVERY phone EXCEPT BBs and Windows Mobile.
    03-26-08 08:54 AM
    ok so im switching to sprint soon... i no i already posted about this but i need to know how the 8830 is for sprint give me the good and bad and i heard something about text a picture messages cant be sent??? and also if i get a data plan do i have to go with a blackberry plan or what???
    I love my 8830, but I'm getting the Curve April 20th so that I have a camera and Sprint TV.

Your plan is entirely dependent on what you need. If you only have one line, and don't need BES, then jump on the 99.99 simply everything plan. Unlimited everything, including BIS. If you need BES, it's just a $20 add on. If you need less minutes then you'll have to add either the $30 or $40 BB plan depending on your needs. Feel free to PIN me with your needs and I'll try to find the best route for you to go.
    03-26-08 08:58 AM
    well to tell you the truth i havnt gotten blackberry messenger down i have no clue how to use it... my pic is on my page but if you could figure a way to PIN me that would be great... and can you send like texts with the 8830???
    03-26-08 09:27 PM
    you cant send MMS BUT when you set up your email, you can always add attachments to the email, and send the email to phonenumber@message(ormessaging).carrier.com and they get it fine. and hwen somone sends you an MMS, it sends you a link for you to visit it on the web. so no real MMS but there is ways around it.
    03-26-08 09:40 PM
    I love the 8830...no problems with mine
    03-26-08 09:57 PM
    the only thing the 8830 is missing is a camera, other than that i've had zero problems with the phone...and i do get the picture mail people send me, it just comes across as a web link instead of the picture itself...good luck!
    03-27-08 06:32 AM
    If it is BB to BB you can always send the picture through the messanger to people with no problems. Everyone else that is not a PIN contact you can email the pictures to.

Not to bad I guess. And I still have a personal Treo 755P, so I can always MMS that way as well, but not everyone has that secondary option.

Jason
    03-27-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD