After several attempts I finally got my Phone Book to transfer to my car by blue tooth. The problem now is that it used a First Name, Last Name configuration. I changed the Languages tab to Last Name, First Name and also the in the Phone Book itself but still no luck. Is there somewhere else I need to make an adjustment? Anybody do it successfully in their car? I have a Lexus. Thanks for any help. Verizon was not helpful; said consider myself lucky to getting the book to transfer - period.
    06-26-08 08:21 PM
    Changing the sorting order on the phone usually will make no difference on the sort order on the car. My experience is with Mercedes Bluetooth and it has no issues in terms of transfers, but never tried to sort it by last name.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but a better place to start would be Lexus's Bluetooth manual or their factory option support people if it's not documented in their manuals for the unit. There must be an option to sort the address book on the car itself. Verizon support will be pretty useless on this subject... most carriers will be.
    06-26-08 08:33 PM
    that gives me a direction, thanks. First name sorting just doesn't give me what I need. Have you used the categories to maybe segregate the business and personal? Probably need to use the 1 touch screen also. Thanks again for your help.
    06-26-08 08:43 PM
    I wouldn't use catagories... there's some bugs on the BB OS in regards to catagories and Java errors when using the address book. I'd still consider seeing if there's a sorting option on the car. The sort option on the BB is just for the BB, once the data is on the car, manipulation of that data is up to the car's headunit at that point.
    06-26-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD