Just wanted to let everyone know that I've installed .77 and have been monitoring the memory issue. It's doing alot better. It now hovers around 12-13 MB and doesnt fluctuate as it did before. Also...maybe this is just my imagination, but the battery life seems better as well.
    08-28-08 08:17 AM
    oh thats good to know...I was not installing it yet coz I wanted to be sure I would be getting some improvement over .51

any other fixes/improvements? I noticed Opera mini didn't work...well, it does, but the menu doesn't come up when I hit the BB menu key
    08-28-08 11:47 AM
    I posted a thread to find out what changes happened between .51 and .77 and got no replies. I'm interested to find out what all changed.
    08-28-08 12:07 PM
    Hmmm... I still think I'm going to wait for an official release. My memory leak is not too huge of a problem with .51.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 12:31 PM
    ^ you are one of the lucky ones then...I start my day with a battery pull, gets me to ~7mb free. By mid day, I'm down to 2MB or sometimes even 1MB....the good thing about the 4.5 is, it lets the berry function on this much RAM. The 4.2 would start deleting emails/sms/ address book/call log entries at this stage....something that happened to me a LOT.

so if this does lessen the memory leak, I'm upgrading!!!
    08-28-08 01:27 PM
    I performed everything that I was told for the memory issue. It would be good for a few days and then start acting up. It would reboot itself once or twice a week. Right before I upgraded to .77 it deleted alot of my emails. Anyways...still no memory issues with .77.
    08-29-08 08:11 AM
    I've earmarked this task for this long weekend....I can't wait!!!
    08-29-08 02:57 PM
    Battery/memory is the same. I don't think there's that much of a difference when discussing those two. To me it basically comes down to how much you actually use your phone. If it's mostly on standby, obviously memory and battery won't be a problem. But even if you're just talking on the phone and hardly running any apps, your memory will still drop.

You would think RIM would have a actual fix to prevent this at all but memory cleaning and battery pulling seems to do an OK job, but not a really good solution.
    08-29-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD