Hey everyone, I have a problem with my 8830we. I am always out of memory. I just did a complete wipe and it says I only have 13mb of space? When I install the facebook and blackberry messenger app I completely run out and yes I have removed the help files and other stuff I don't use. I haven't even put my contacts back in? Ideas? Daniel
    12-23-09 12:18 PM
    FB has been noted as a memory thief in many threads before. It sounds like you have tried to do so, but make sure you do the memory optimization procedure outlined in the link below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

13mb of free space is on the low side for this device without any applications on it. You should be over 16 or 17mb after you wipe the device.
    12-23-09 01:52 PM
    Eddiek has given you the right advice. All I can add to it is to note that Address Book entries are typically very small. I have 1019 entries that only occupy 236k. Unless you have 5x that many, that's in the noise as far as your memory is concerned.
    12-24-09 12:02 AM
    Do you have the latest BB Messenger installed? The latest release is very large. My BB will dip down to 6 meg since I have performed the BB Messenger upgrade.

Man, can't wait until I can upgrade to a Tour 2
    Last edited by QWKSNKE; 12-25-09 at 08:51 AM.
    12-25-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD