My 8830 started to type a "q" when the "a" key is pushed, an "a" when the "q" key is pushed, and a "w" when the "z" key is pushed, but the numbers are all in their right spots. Is my circuit board fried? Thanks for any help. Docschnupp
    03-28-09 10:23 PM
    Sounds like you need to replace the keyboard. How old is it? Could be a warranty issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 10:27 PM
    Unfortunately, it is both out-of-warranty and it still has the problem if I remove the keyboard and push the contact directly on the circuit board.
    03-28-09 10:30 PM
    Do you have insurance on the phone?

03-28-09 10:31 PM
    Strange, I've had my 8830 for a few years and keys have been solid, well outside if dust getting in the keyboard, but then I could blow it out and seems fine.

Your issue does sound like electronic related. Did u get it wet?

03-28-09 10:32 PM
    Again no. I switched my insurance to my Storm when I got it.
    03-28-09 10:33 PM
    No, it has been kept dry and in my belt case.
    03-28-09 10:36 PM
    That is somewhat similar to what is happening to my CB
    Sometimes it seems like the trackball button is pushing itself, sometimes when i press the del or the n key it acts like the enter key. It makes im'ing and texting a pain. Is there any way of replacing the actual keyboard itself?
    04-02-09 01:07 AM
    You might want to try and get the keyboard replaced
    04-02-09 01:56 AM
    the keyboard would work correctly on and off again, it seemed to be an intermittent problem. I finally got it fixed though. I originally had a data card with sprint and switched the line to a normal line and got my blackberry on ebay. for some odd reason, they didnt take total equipment off, so I kept paying it. My blackberry got stolen, and when I called it in they told me I had TEP, so I got it replaced with a perfectly working 8830 for just $50.
    05-22-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD