I just receive my Jabra BT3030 today and try to pair it to my 8830. After success pairing, I try to listen music by the original music player on my device. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear music via the headset and the music just goes through the speaker. I could use the remote to play/stop the player, and make the call with the headset (the sound is clear and loud).

I really confuse how to configure to hear the music! I get lost ... plz help

Any advise would be appreciated !
    08-05-08 05:13 PM
    AirSupply,

I have the BT3030 as well and I love it. Although I switched out the earbuds that it came with. Now I'm using Shure SE310 earbuds.

Sorry, on to your issue. When you're in the Blackberry Media Player and your BT3030 is connected try this. Push the Blackberry Menu button. In the menu you can choose "Handset", "Speaker", BT3030 or whatever you named it as well as any other available speaker devices. You should be able to hear your music through your BT3030 after selecting it.

Good luck.
    08-06-08 12:20 PM
    Thanks for your advise, Jimmy!
    My issue has been solved when I pulled the battery out (hard reset), and the Media Player (also FlipSide) finally figured out the bluetooth headset.
    However, if I do soft-reset, the issue comes again, and that means I have to do hard-reset every single time when I need to reset my 8830!
    I really don't know the reason why, but this is the only resolution for me right now!
    08-06-08 02:17 PM
    and the Media Player (also FlipSide) finally figured out the bluetooth headset.
    However, if I do soft-reset, the issue comes again, and that means I have to do hard-reset every single time when I need to reset my 8830!
    I really don't know the reason why, but this is the only resolution for me right now!
    Just received my BT3030 today. What a sweet device.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I wonder if may be your media player. Mine paired in a second and I haven't had any issue with the installed media player. Just have to have it running.

I like where you can leave the bb in it's case and it still works.

Hate the head phones though.

Thanks CB. 2 days shipping and I'm about a zillion miles away in Canada.
    08-06-08 08:27 PM
    To all: if you like to use Flipside, pm me, I will share an activate code to you ^__^

To frfghtr and Jim: the 4.5 OS beta might caused my issue, and I am trying to fix that issue certainly. I think we should configure the Equalizer in Media Player to "Treble Lower" and 3/4 volume! How do u think ?
    08-06-08 09:04 PM
    I have been using this headset with my blackberry for approximately 4 months. Got it from amazon when it just release. It one of the best that I have use and have no intention of replacing anytime soon. Only disappointment the audio does not work when watching video.
    No problem using it and I am running Beta 4.5 on my BB.
    08-07-08 02:10 AM
    mcky there is a bug (from what i have read) with playing video and getting sound from any blue tooth unit when using the 8830
    08-07-08 08:06 AM
    mcky there is a bug (from what i have read) with playing video and getting sound from any blue tooth unit when using the 8830
    Thanks for the info.
    08-07-08 09:02 PM
    To mcky: how do u think about the quality of music via Bt3030? I hear some hissing noise on the background when I play some rock song! Do u have these sound with ur jabra ?
    08-07-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD