Hi

Have had my 8330 for a couple of years and am organizing and trying to set up my Hubby's 8830 ..

there is no "about" for the phone ... got it on eBay from Just Cellular ... had lots of trouble the first day.

i had the charger plugged in for the night and I think my hubby unplugged it and wasn't fully charged.... we'll see if a full charge fixes that

but I can't seem to check for updates either .... they said the phone was clean before I purchased it

there's also other things I have under Options which my hubby doesn't have on his phone

any suggestions ? Thanks ~
    01-09-11 11:56 AM
    Check to see if you have voice dialing. With the older OS's (4.x), if you removed the voice dial module, it will remove the about screen in options. Seeing how you purchased it from eBay, good chance that the person was tweaking the 8830.
    01-10-11 11:24 AM
    that app for voice dialing is still there .... thanX

surprisingly enuf my hubby was playing with it and when I looked at it again the next day the 'about' link was there for the model, etc.

I asked him how he got that "put back" and he had no idea

It came from a large cellular refurbishing company and we only could spend $50 on a phone. had I had $100 I would have gotten a mint 8330 like mine, but just can't do it now

I had put it on the charger and my hubby took it off without knowing it should stay on all night. seems to be working.

unfortunately I was so annoyed with all the little things that didn't seem to work as well as my 8330 I wrote to the company I bought it from to complain.

i have 2 weeks to exchange the phone, we'll see how it goes next week.

he talked and talked about an iPhone so I had gotten him a phone very similar to that for $20 on eBay. wow did he complain about the touch screen and I said "no iPhone for you, LOL"

He now likes the Blackberry so much better after one day. He is a handyman and has to have his phone easy to use.

we would both love an iPhone as a *second* phone, in other words, an expensive toy to play with, but I think I'll be sticking with the BBs for a long time to come

so practical and reliable.

Thanks !~
    01-10-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD