I have the 8830, In appl. it is running a 4.2, I need an upgrade Right??, because I dont have the new Icons, Entertainment, Navigation..., Im using sprint. If a 4.3 will work for know thats fine. Does anyone have a link or any help!!
    12-12-08 05:20 PM
    You don't need to have an upgrade. I'm on 4.2 and mine is running smoothly.
    12-12-08 05:24 PM
    I agree. I'm on Verizon with 4.2.2.196 and it's working smoothly for me too. There are ppl who have upgraded to 4.5 to get some new features, but these upgrades are not provided by the carriers. I've elected not to bother with 4.5 yet. If I did, I might get a better browser, html email and docs 2 go. As it is, I've got empower email viewer pro so I already have html email. The browser works so I'm ok in that department. Lastly, I don't really want to bother with editing docs on my phone. The BB viewer works for all the attachments I get and I'm satisfied. The one thing I might get is my gps unlocked to work with BB maps. That's the only reason I'm giving the slightest thought to 4.5. But for now, I'm sticking on 4.2.2.
    12-12-08 05:35 PM
    but I talked with sprint BB and they say the 8830 WE will not support the sprinttv, Whats up with that? will it?
    12-12-08 07:12 PM
    but I talked with sprint BB and they say the 8830 WE will not support the sprinttv, Whats up with that? will it?
    there are a couple of threads that say sprint tv does work with a 4.5 upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:54 PM
    I agree. I'm on
    Verizon with 4.2.2.196 and it's working smoothly for me too. There are ppl who have upgraded to 4.5 to get some new features, but these upgrades are not provided by the carriers. I've elected not to bother with 4.5 yet. If I did, I might get a better browser, html email and docs 2 go. As it is, I've got empower email viewer pro so I already have html email. The browser works so I'm ok in that department. Lastly, I don't really want to bother with editing docs on my phone. The BB viewer works for all the attachments I get and I'm satisfied. The one thing I might get is my gps unlocked to work with BB maps. That's the only reason I'm giving the slightest thought to 4.5. But for now, I'm sticking on 4.2.2.
    Your GPS will work with the upgrade, your browser is faster with the upgrade, you don't have to install the DOCS to go, you get your HTML emails without having to use a 3rd party program taking up memory and still get to keep the BB atachment services for viewing attachments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD