Need some help, if possible.

I picked up an 8830 recently and took it to a Cricket Corp store for the $40 "smartphone" flash. Well, the phone works, but it's a bit dumber than it was. No browser, no email options, etc.

After reading a few posts here, apparently the email options are lost forever (or until I pony up $250 for a Cricket BB) but the browser and such should be there and working.

I presume that there are config files I can load into the file system on the phone that will get me full functionality back, and software I can buy (or better yet download for free one way or another) that will give me the necessary access to do so. Any help you folks could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Merlyn
    10-10-10 08:46 AM
    They want you to buy there phone so they take away the blackberry email you have to use internet email Load Logic Mail on your phone I use it works perfect
    10-11-10 04:46 PM
    Well, I got the browser back, along with the maps feature.

Needed new service books (Search the Howard Forums for service book cricket - I can't post a link)

Now I have a new problem. I have the browser and map icons, but the access doesn't work. I get redirected to a link telling me I need to sign up for mobile web (which is included in my plan) and that's all.

I've had the service refreshed by customer support, *228'ed a dozen times, pulled the battery about that many times, and checked every setting I could find in the advanced settings menu and with ##000000. I am not getting a default gateway, and the thing is not browsing. I am half tempted to just get a damn Android from Cricket and have done with... but I like my crackberry, and I want to get the damn thing working properly. Any suggestions?

Merlyn
    11-05-10 06:30 AM
    go to options advanced options and host routing table. Then click the blackberry button and register. All browser functions should be back.
    11-05-10 10:51 AM
    go to options advanced options and host routing table. Then click the blackberry button and register. All browser functions should be back.

Tried that a few times. I get a registration message sent, and it shows me receiving data for a couple seconds... and then nothing.

I think it's an authentication problem, but I don't have the full version of CDMA workshop, so I can't change those settings. Any other software out there that I can use to accomplish that?

Merlyn
    11-06-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD