Hello All,

I have an 8830 that was previously activated on a previous owner. I then activated the phone on my account. Everything works perfectly fine, except for my internet browser and on Demand. I cannot load any pages at all. Also, no matter what, i cannot wipe my hand held. I know thats dumb, but there are specific reasons.

in the browser i receive:
    A communication failure occured with the selected mobile data serivce. the server may be busy, please try again later. if the problem persists contact your administrator

Code:
    Log Error:
    E net.rim.gme - REfs (I receive this error Multiple times)

Name: net.rim.browser
    GUID: 1a77581fbcc4ec23
    Time: Oct 14, 2007 11:01:02
    SBHelper___ERROR:injectServiceBooks()1059648.sbr.gz not found
    in On demand i receive:
    Error During GetResponse: Local connection timed out after ~ 130000

Code:
    Log Error:
    Name: InterruptedIOException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Oct 14, 2007 11:14:18
    Local connection timed out after ~ 130000
    net_rim_os-3
     ConnectionBase
     receive
     0xF12
    net_rim_os-3
     StreamProtocol
     getMoreInput
     0x8F3A
    net_rim_os-3
     SocketInputStream
     <private>
     0x7EAE
    net_rim_os-3
     SocketInputStream
     read
     0x7CD5
    net_rim_os-3
     ClientProtocol
     readResponse
     0x6DC
    net_rim_os-2
     HttpProtocolBase
     transitionToState
     0x451A
    net_rim_os-2
     HttpProtocolBase
     getResponseCode
     0x46C5
    com_handmark_ondemand
     HttpProxyHelper
     run
     0x55DE
    net_rim_cldc-1
     Thread
     run
     0xB4D6

Now, im pretty sure these errors have something to do with the issue. i am also pretty sure that using a previous owners phone also has somethign to do with it. I found this article which gave me hope, but i cant find the error log that it needs for information:

Code:
    Cause 2
    If you received your BlackBerry device from a previous owner, a second service might be sending data to the device.

Resolution
    Make sure your device is not receiving data from another service.

On your device Home screen, click Options. 
    Note: Depending on the theme running on your device, you may need to click Settings, then Options.

Click Status. 
    Write down your personal identification number (PIN). 
    Press the Escape button until you return to the Home screen. 
    Press and hold the Alt key and enter LGLG. The Debug Log screen appears. 
    Scroll down and select the following line (which appears in bold): 
    E net.rim.gme � RDKf-CMIME:$

Note: represents your device�s PIN. represents the Specified User ID of the service sending data to the device (a service relay protocol (SRP) identifier for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or an email address for the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector).

From the menu, select View Event to see detailed information about the event. 
    Write down the SUID information. 
    Press the Escape button to exit the Debug Log screen. 
    On the Home screen, click Options. 
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options, then Service Book. 
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, click Service Book.

Scroll down and select Desktop [CMIME], then select View. 
    Compare the information in the UID field with the SUID you wrote down in step 7. If they differ, you are receiving data from another service provider. 
    Contact the previous owner of the device and request that the service be disabled.
    I am hoping that there can be another way around it without having to wipe my handheld. I would also like to include that my email is working perfectly, so tehre is a definite internet connection. Thanks in advance!
    10-14-07 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD