I have an 8830 that is about one week old. I have opened the battery door only several times and dread ever having to open it again!! I will be doing some traveling in Asia within the next month since I will be swapping SIM cards, I know this is not a reality. I will have to open the battery door again and again.

The problem is that it is very difficult to open the battery door and requires about 5 minutes to open. I have to use so much pressure that I am afraid that I will crack the case or the battery door.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Has anyone ever broken their battery door? Should I order another battery door?
    03-23-08 11:56 AM
    It will get loose after a couple of more times, just give it a little time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 12:02 PM
    I never had an issue on my 8820 which is the same phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 12:34 PM
    I know what you mean, I have the same issue from time to time. Sometimes it goes instantly, others it takes a while. Just apply pressure to the 'upper part' of the silver BB logo and push down.
    03-23-08 04:19 PM
    It doesn't require 5 minutes to open. You're just doing it wrong. Don't push on the Silver Logo Button. That's the big mistake everyone does. Just put all 4 fingers from one hand flat against the back of the door and slide down like you're dragging your fingers on the back of it. It will slide right off with just a little pressure. Works every time.
    03-23-08 04:27 PM
    JRSCCivic98 is correct! Actually, once it loosens up...you'll wish it didn't. I'm finding myself keeping my rubber sleeve on just to keep the thing in place.
    03-23-08 04:34 PM
    JRSCCivic98 is correct! Actually, once it loosens up...you'll wish it didn't. I'm finding myself keeping my rubber sleeve on just to keep the thing in place.
    Exactly my first one was messed up like that with a loose door because the rep who put the battery in at the store pushed the hack out of the silver logo button to get it open. She pressed so hard that within a week the silver overlay (plating if you can even call it that) was starting to peel off. Since then I snatch the phones from them before they open them and and put the battery in myself. Even the reps are amazed how easily I can do it. These reps are so goofy they don't even know that the miniusb cable can only go in one way. I actually caught one of them trying to force one in and then stating that the charger wasn't the right one. I promptly called the manager over and even that goofball didn't know the things are keyed. WTH is wrong with these people? I think they should be working in a grocery store instead... dingbats!
    03-23-08 04:44 PM
    theres an easy way of opening it. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

1. turn the BB over on its back and put the keypad face down on your left palm.

2.With the fingers of your left hand, place your nails on the little intend of the battery door, like you're making a fist.

3. with your right hand, hold the phone and push down on the silver logo with your middle finger.

4. pull the battery cover off by pulling the indent with your nails in conjunction with pushing on the logo. it should slide off easily. Theres a vid around on how to do it if wasn't too clear.

All the best!

-M
    Last edited by drchaos619; 03-23-08 at 06:48 PM.
    03-23-08 06:12 PM
    I had a really hard time getting mine off the first few times myself.
    Its not to bad now.. So it should loosen up very soon for you...

Ever try and get one of those clear cases off of a 8830?? It took me over 45 mins once.. Insane...
    03-23-08 06:46 PM
    I use my nails.
    03-24-08 12:11 AM
    THANK YOU--I was about in ntears this afternoon trying to open the door to insert my media card.
    06-24-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD