Can someone help me. I've heard that my BB8830 can be used as an aircard for my computer. How do I set this up.?
    02-24-09 09:13 AM
    It's called tethering and there are many many posts on the subject. Not sure about Verizon but many carriers charge an extra fee for doing so. Other than dialup, it' the only way I connect from home.
    02-24-09 10:37 AM
    yep, big V will charge you extra for it. I believe it was 30.00 when I last looked into it.
    02-24-09 01:49 PM
    Verizon charges a fee for it. Here is the breakdown on how the fees work.

If you are on a BES plan for 44.95 a month then you will pay $15 a month for tethering.

If you are on the 29.95 BIS plan then they will charge you $30 for tethering.

However if you are on the 24.99 10MB limit(which is useless) BIS plan then you will get the tethering for $15 a month.

Hope that this helps.
    02-24-09 05:58 PM
    wow, tethering with a 10meg limit. YAY!! Morons.....
    02-25-09 06:56 AM
    Yep, I use my BB for this several times a week through Verizon using software known as VZAccess Manager. Works anywhere I have cell reception. The browsing speed is slow, rivaling that of dial up. But it's not terrible and beggars can't be choosers, right?
    02-25-09 11:41 AM
    Yep, I use my BB for this several times a week through Verizon using software known as VZAccess Manager. Works anywhere I have cell reception. The browsing speed is slow, rivaling that of dial up. But it's not terrible and beggars can't be choosers, right?
    Verizon charges a fee for it. Here is the breakdown on how the fees work.

If you are on a BES plan for 44.95 a month then you will pay $15 a month for tethering.

If you are on the 29.95 BIS plan then they will charge you $30 for tethering.

However if you are on the 24.99 10MB limit(which is useless) BIS plan then you will get the tethering for $15 a month.

Hope that this helps.

I've used it off and on at different times. If you are not sure if you want it or know you onlt need it for a short time. VZW will offer (you need to ask) for a free 30 day trial.
    02-25-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD