Finally had success in upgrading to 4.5 for my VZW 8830

its great youtube works great, docs to go is amazing, the new browser is awesome

email sms everything works great, i no longer have the pending text issue

here are some pics if you are wondering whether to upgrade

for some reason bbscreenshot isnt taking the pic of the youtube vid playing but i assure you that its playing with good sound and video, you can see the progress bar

lemme know if there are any pics of apps you want to see

Maps

Browser with page view

Voice Recorder

Browser

PS: pics taken with bbscreenshot and please don't spam for link
    08-03-08 09:30 PM

Browser Zoom

Youtube page

Youtube playing (actual vid didnt show up in ss but its playing i assure you with audio and good video)

about screen
    08-03-08 09:30 PM
    Congrats!
    08-03-08 09:56 PM
    What is your browser setup... my pages always have the zoomed look?

TY
    08-04-08 06:32 AM

Maps
    Is CT no longer a part of the US
    08-04-08 06:41 AM
    Is CT no longer a part of the US
    Looks like they decided RI was more important than CT, and cut out the state completely Also for some reason MA wasnt labeled either.
    08-04-08 06:42 AM
    If you go to options while in browser switch your views

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 08:11 AM
    so u can view html on the blackberry curve 8330? how is the picture quality?
    08-04-08 09:04 PM
    i like it alot
    08-05-08 04:50 AM
    I downloaded and installed 4.5.0.51 as well, and LOVE IT. I cant wait to see the actual production release. The beta release has treated me well, with the exception of some minor theme quirks. Since not all the themes are completely 4.5 compatible I dont worry about it.
    08-05-08 06:15 AM
    So, I downloaded os .51 three days ago and still cannot get it to load. Can someone please help? I have DM4.5 and 8830 WE Alltel. I've tryed to install it like I used to for my 8330 curve but no luck.
    08-05-08 07:34 AM
    Where did you dl it from? I can't find a site with a good copy that VZW will let me install. The last one I found was the vodafone software I believe. Just never went to install, it was stuck at the blackberry manager screen.

Any tips/hints?

08-05-08 09:29 AM
    There isn't a good one online

Pm me though mazda

08-05-08 12:09 PM
    You know what sucks. The Voice Recorder cannot be used while on the phone. It sure would come in handy to record some conversations at various times. WTF would RIM limit this? The recording of voice conversations could not cause them any lawsuits because it falls under the user's responsobility of it's feature usage.
    08-05-08 12:30 PM
    i think it would violate the rights of the person on the other line though...
    08-05-08 12:32 PM
    Will 4.5 allow you to run an 8gb MicroSDHC card (sandisk)?

I just bought one off Amazon. They said it would work in my off the shelf 8830, which it does not. I cant even get it to physically fit and lock into the slot.
    08-05-08 12:37 PM
    are you putting it into the right slot?

some people make the mistake of trying to put it into the sim card slot (i know it sounds stupid but you'd be suprised what i've seen)

and i have a 4 gb card and it works fine
    08-05-08 12:45 PM
    Will 4.5 allow you to run an 8gb MicroSDHC card (sandisk)?

I just bought one off Amazon. They said it would work in my off the shelf 8830, which it does not. I cant even get it to physically fit and lock into the slot.
    Sounds like you're not installing it correctly. Also, OS 4.2.2.196 from Verizon supports 8GB MicroSDHC cards.
    08-05-08 12:46 PM
    yo JRS i asked my buddy in law school

he said recording a phone call would violate the rights of the person on the other line and RIM could be held liable
    08-05-08 12:48 PM
    hahaha... I know, I thought I was ******** for a second, but I am installing it in the right slot.

A) I have 4.2.2.196 currently (and will probably upgrade to 4.5.0.51 today)

B) Yes, I'm installing it in the right slot with the little metal locking mechanism. I cant close the locking mechanism all the way and i dont want to force it and bend anything.

C) when I hold the memory card in the right place (without it locked in) the phone detects it, but gives me this error message:
    "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. to correct th errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer"

I formatted the disk using the USB Adapter on my laptop...
    08-05-08 01:00 PM
    AH HA! okay, I got it to fit in...

Didnt see that you had to slide it into the metal part first... DUH!

Still getting the error message tho
    08-05-08 01:02 PM
    The only one that could be held liable would be the person recording the conversation as long as the other person was not aware of the fact that the conversation was being recorded.
    08-05-08 01:07 PM
    try updating the OS

lemme know if you have probs with the update
    08-05-08 01:08 PM
    The only one that could be held liable would be the person recording the conversation as long as the other person was not aware of the fact that the conversation was being recorded.
    which would regrettably happen alot

the only reason i would ever record a phone call would be to throw it back into their face
    08-05-08 01:08 PM
    yo JRS i asked my buddy in law school

he said recording a phone call would violate the rights of the person on the other line and RIM could be held liable
    Not entirely correct. Depending on location, the laws are different, but the majority states that as long as one party is aware that they are being recorded, that is all that's needed, but that party can be the one recording. Also, the legality of it does not stretch beyond the person making the recording. Just like you cannot sue a micro-cassette recorder manufacturer for someone using it to record a phone coversation, someone couldn't sue RIM for the same thing. I certainly don't want to argue about this, but that's the way some of the laws read. I think RIM is just being overly cautious on this, that's all.
    08-05-08 01:11 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD