OK - I like many others have wasted a bunch of time with Verizon's support line to find out about this calendar sync problem (BIS) going only from the BB to Outlook (2007 edition for me). I also am getting the double entries on my BB from Outlook...
    05-30-07 07:46 PM
    You know I have not have any problems with verizon wireless that is they have been extreamly help full. Sometimes it only takes a couple rude CSR to ruin it for them. I also belive that they have one of the best networks I've used there wireless service for several years now and hada great experience. I also had singular and sprint and the quality does not compare

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-07 12:20 PM
    I'm so glad someone else has this problem. Not because I want others to experience my misery, but.. you know. Anyway, it gets worse apparently. My biggest problem is that when I delete an appointment on the BB, it doesn't delete from my Outlook. In fact, it just puts it right back on. I just upgraded to the very very latest Desktop Manager but it made no difference. I wonder if users will be notified when the fix is out.
    05-31-07 12:28 PM
    I checked again yesterday with Verizon customer non-support. The CNS representative was more intent on telling me they need 5 business days to address the issue and it had "technically" only been x number of days than worried about my problem. It was a week ago today that I got Verizon and RIM on the phone about this issue so in my mind they had run their five days.

I was not getting duplicate entries when doing a calendar sync, but I am now. I was having a problem getting Desktop Manager to start and RIM said to delete the Intellsync folder and re-configure the software. I did that and I no longer had the three windows errors before I could get the software to stay running.

Now, however, I have the duplicate problem when Outlook dumps all the appointments back into the Blackberry over and over again. For now, I have the calendar sync disabled.

What a mess. I may call them again, but I have other things to do today than waste 2 hours.
    06-01-07 01:50 PM
    Has anyone heard anything on this yet? My calendar is so out of whack now. I miss my old classic BB - at least it sync'd right. It'll be worth it though, if they'll just give us a fix...
    06-11-07 08:49 PM
    I plan to call today to give them one more shot.
    06-12-07 08:58 AM
    I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but here you go. It reflects what we've been told, but at least it gives us something to keep an eye on.

Go go na.blackberry.com/eng/support/

and search for this article ID: KB13330
    06-13-07 01:26 PM
    According to a Verizon SME I was talking to this afternoon the service book re-send method of getting the 8830 to sync is only working less than half the time. His suggested work around until the BB OS is fixed is to add a email account to your BB via the BIS interface in addition to the regular VZW address.

I did this and my calendar is now in sync with Outlook.
    06-13-07 01:51 PM
    Thanks! That seems to have worked for me too.
    06-14-07 12:42 PM
    This new version also fixes a call log icon issue with the Verizon theme that I noticed. The arrows for incoming and outgoing calls were not pointing the right way on the previous version. They are pointing the right way not, but the color is not right. I don't think it should be red for outgoing calls.
    06-14-07 09:54 PM
    After loading new Device Software, is a *228 neccessary? If so, Option 1 or Option 2?
    Thx.
    06-16-07 05:55 PM
    The problem with this Verizon page is that is does not accept my phone number as valid. I called Verizon customer non-support and they said my number is valid and I just need to set my phone up correctly. Then they said I needed to use my billing number. I tried that and that also does not work. Efforts to contact the back office for a resolution has failed and I have been promised a call back at some time.

I was further advised that the system administrator reports being behind in setting up accounts for the data side for downloads. So, I guess they sell the phones and worry about getting the users in the system whenever they get around to it and for the first week they don't bother to tell anyone so customers end up on the phone for hours and no one at tier 1 customer support has the knowledge to help.

I just thought Cingular customer non-service was bad!!
    i just made up a number and it worked! lol
    07-03-08 05:28 PM
    Come and get it; it's here!

This link is taking me to .196 which i have and NOT .66, what's up with that?

07-08-08 07:01 PM
    This link is taking me to .196 which i have and NOT .66, what's up with that?

This is an old thread. Did you check the dates? When it was created the download location (VZW's download site) hosted the .66 release.... MANY MOONS AGO!
    07-08-08 07:47 PM
    Does anyone have the 8830 OS4.2 for download? I can't find it anywhere and need to downgrade ASAP! THanks!
    01-26-10 08:04 PM
    Anyone???

I'm having so many problems with OS4.5 and want to downgrade. But I don't have the 8830 Verizon OS4.2. If you have it, please message me or you can just drop me a line at: more2moore at gmail dot com

Thanks so much in advance guys!
    01-26-10 09:34 PM
    Anyone???

I'm having so many problems with OS4.5 and want to downgrade. But I don't have the 8830 Verizon OS4.2. If you have it, please message me or you can just drop me a line at: more2moore at gmail dot com

Thanks so much in advance guys!
    I have same problem ... need OS 4.2 8830 ... please send me source / link download : rifrufus @ gmail . com
    11-18-10 10:30 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD