Ok I just got my 8830 working in my new jag (Yeah Santa) thanks to the Bluetooth helper program.

Now Questions:
    1) Is there a way to make voice dialing work?

2) Ring tones per contact how?

THANKS! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Last edited by MrMPX; 12-30-07 at 10:05 PM.
    12-29-07 10:50 PM
    yeah, next time it pops up do you want to connect, before clicking yes check the box that says do not ask me this again.
    12-30-07 02:21 PM
    Ok got that! How about the other issues?

Now do you know how to get the voice dialing to work once it is docked to the car? The car really needs to have hands free calling the system to look up numbers while driving your better off not having the phone docked and using voice dialing. But soon in California you will have to be hands free.

Ring tone per caller? Its not in the edit contact list like it was in my trusty trio.
    Last edited by MrMPX; 12-30-07 at 10:07 PM.
    12-30-07 09:52 PM
    As far as I know the voice dialing and phone book on your blackberry wont work with the car. For voice dialing to work you need to add names to the phone book in the car. That is what I had to do in my Range Rover...I know the new XJ has the same Nav system. So there is a phone button next to the Nav screen, push that and then on your steering wheel you have that funny looking button with the phone above the speaking head push that and you should be able to input numbers and names for voice dialing. Look at your owners manual because it will have the list of commands you can give it.
    12-31-07 12:21 AM
    Cool thanks I will look at that in the morning
    12-31-07 01:37 AM
    Well back to the drawing board. The XJ and XK are not the same Nav systems and there is no voice dialing through the car.

Only way this will work is a program allowing the phone to use its voice commands to initiate the call.
    12-31-07 10:04 AM
    Can you take the XK back and get a Mercedes?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 02:48 PM
    Why on earth would I get a benz? LOL I stopped buying benz when I wanted to drive real cars that did not drive like tanks or get the gas mileage of tanks.

My last benz had 350K miles on it when I sold it so I have been there done that.

Now can we get on point here about BB and Jag interface
    01-01-08 01:04 AM
    Not to sure about your voice dial options but to edit the profiles and assign ringtones you can view this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    01-01-08 01:34 AM
    Ring tones are handled so are photos. Now only this one bug to kill hehehe
    01-01-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD