I have an 8830, Sprint and a 1and1 hosted email on my domain.

I had been forwarding it to a gmal account, and now that i haven the blackberry, it seemed dumb to use that approach.

But when i go into the email setup and put in my email address and password, i get hte following:

We were unable to configure ([email protected]) . Choose one of the following options and select NEXT.

X I will provide the settings to add this email account

i checked the email address and added the password again, then\\I get the follwoing screen:

We were unableto setup ([email protected]). Select the type of qaccount you want to configure.

X Internet Service Provider Email (pop/Imap)

I hit NEXT

and it just comes back to the same screen

I have searched the net and some forums and havent really found any answers. I am beginning to think that its a 1and1 thing and not possilbe. If so i will just forward my 1and1 hosted email to gamil and retreve that to my BB. jsut hate using the middle man, if i dont have to.

Any one been there done that.
    03-26-08 01:15 PM
    Some hosted Email addresses aren't going to work on their own. Just have to do the forwarding thing.
    03-26-08 01:17 PM
    Forwarding thing works just the same....

Welcome to CB!!!!
    03-26-08 01:39 PM
    I use 1and 1 for my email and I had the same problem. I fixed it by using the web interface through my wireless provider. I added it with the settings from 1and1's site and it worked! try that.
    03-26-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD