Hi All,

Like many, I updated my VZ 8830 to 4.5.101 and was struggling w/ battery life being very bad. After a little tinkering, I did the following

Go to Options -> Security Options -> Memory Cleaning
    Then set the Clean When Idle: Idle Timeout to 30 minutes.

This solved my batter problems and oddly seems to have drastically slowed down my memory leaks too.

Running now for 1+ days w/o a charge and am at 75% battery.

Hope this helps & Merry Christmas!
    12-13-08 02:53 PM
    How sure are you that this is directly related to you changing the Memory Cleaning option? I had updated to .101 and still had battery life issues even with Memory Cleaning disabled. Memory Cleaning is disabled by default so that's why I am sure that my issues were not related to this because I never went in to Security Options to enable Memory Cleaning at any point while having .101. Have you uninstalled anything else on your device around the same time making this change - just wondering?
    12-13-08 03:50 PM
    I have never had an issue with my battery draining. I have been running .101 since the day it was leaked out. I never have the memory cleaner turned on. I would rather delete my messages myself and choose which ones go away.
    12-13-08 09:47 PM
    The only think I did was to change the memory cleaning setting and then did a battery pull. I just went another day and only lost another 20%. My company has security policies that keep me from disabling memory cleaning but I can change the interval. Don't know if this will help everyone, but it's working for me.

Prior to this I got ~ 1.5 days from full charge to totally drained.
    12-14-08 09:18 AM
    I haven't lost any memory to speak of, I read forum and set up memory cleaning and it kept the light of my keypad off. I didn't notice until I tried replying in a dark place. I disabled again soft booted and keypad lights again. I think I'll remain on this setting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD