First the good news. I have a company 8830WE on Verizon and the update went quite well. I'm still activated on company email, HTML works, downloading documents works, Youtube videos work [not full screen] and the GPS works with Blackberry Maps. Great!

But, I now have two calendars, "Desktop" and "Default". Both have the same set of Outlook-synchronized appointments after the backup-update-restore process, but now "Desktop" is set to synchronize and "Default" is not. Problem is, I would like to do away with the extra calendar, the "Default", or at least, erase all the entries in it so as not to be doubled up with my active Calendar. Any ideas? I can choose which to view, but upon returning to the Calendar, both are back and I again must go to the menu and choose which one to view. I don't know where the 2nd calendar came from, and as I've mentioned, I'd like to not have it show up. I suppose I could erase items individually, but I have about 120 listings. Also, for setting appointments intended to be synchronized in Outlook, I'd like to be sure I am working with the one and only correct calendar.

Thank you for any help.

Jeff
    12-08-08 06:38 PM
    I found the solution to the two Calendars "Desktop" and "Default". The solution eliminates "Default"

First, while in Calendar, use Options to set Wireless Synchronize to "No" for both calendars. Then on your computer launch Desktop Manager, go to Back-up and Restore, Advanced and refresh or allow phone to update its databases in the right side window. There will be "Calendar" and "Calendar All". Click the left arrow to initiate a backup of "Calendar" [the smaller number of entries]. When this is completed, click on "Calendar All" then click "Clear" at bottom of right-side window. Next click on the backed-up "Calendar" in the left window and click the right arrow to have it restore to the phone.

After detaching phone, on the phone, go to calendar, there should be just one, go to Options, highlight the "Desktop" calendar, click it for options and reset it for Wireless Synchronization "yes".

This worked for me. I no longer have 2 calendars and no longer have the "Select which calendar" option in the main calendar menu.

Jeff
    12-09-08 07:20 AM
    my cousin would like to know where to download the latest software update for the 8830 we from sprint. so where can we find it?
    12-10-08 05:54 PM
    my cousin would like to know where to download the latest software update for the 8830 we from sprint. so where can we find it?
    google is your best friend..... Please do not post the same question in multiple threads. Post it in one and someone that comes through with useful information will post a reply. These threads are not as heavily traveled as the newer phones ie: storm/bold....
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 12-10-08 at 07:57 PM.
    12-10-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD