I love my 8830. I had a HTC6700 PDA/Smartphone before this and the Blackberry is ten times better!

Here's my questions...

1. The HTC6700 (windows based PDA phone) came with software that allowed my e-mail, tasks, calendar, etc to be pushed to my phone and synchronized wirelessly. With the 8830 I don't have access to the enterprise server (due to security reasons) here where I work but they will allow me to use the software that came with my phone which pushes my work e-mail to my phone wirelessly the problem is it only pushes my e-mail and not tasks, calendar, etc. How do I get the software that came with the 8830 to push the other items?

2. How do I get the 8830 to sync word, excel and other files from my computer. I'm replacing my HTC6700 and my Dell PDA with the Blackberry 8830 and when I used my Dell PDA if I changed a word file in my pocket PC folder on my desktop it would automatically sync to my Dell PDA. Is there any way to get the 8830 to do this?

Thanks so much for your time. I sure hope someone can help me do the two things above!
    Last edited by tiger123; 07-17-07 at 12:58 PM.
    07-17-07 12:51 PM
    Coming from a PDA side, you have to step away from that thought. For number 2, there is no syncing, per se'. You can copy and paste the documents, to the memory card. But, the only documents you can read, will be Notepad documents. Unless, you buy an application to assit you. Like DocumentToGo, by DataViz (to be released shortly) or BeamBerry...
    07-17-07 02:00 PM
    Does documenttogo or Beamberry sync the excel or word filles? I know you have to buy software to allow you to view those files which is fine but after that is there any way to sync those files? If not someone should really make software to allow you to sync those files...this would allow you to truly throw the PDA away. I really don't want to carry both but I have word and excel files on my win based PDA that change frequently...ie a word file that is a grocery store list, a word file that is a Christmas list, an excel file the keeps up with expenses.

Do I have any options?

Thanks Crack heads, lol!
    07-17-07 08:13 PM
    Like I was saying before, there is no sync option. It's copy and paste, using Media Manager, or something similar. Unless of course DocumentsToGo release the software with some type of sync option...
    07-18-07 07:11 AM
    I was a PDA user for years - Palms then a Dell Axim before I crossed over to BB. It's something that takes getting used to, but I'm now accustomed to just moving things myself.
    07-18-07 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD