The "reviving a dead balckberry" tutorial won't work because it never even gets to that stage. All I get is a flashing red LED.

Is it dead?
    04-22-09 05:46 PM
    The "reviving a dead balckberry" tutorial won't work because it never even gets to that stage. All I get is a flashing red LED.

Is it dead?
    plug the phone into the USB and launch c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe and this should install the OS. I had to do this on an 8830 that crashed in the middle of the install this afternoon. you will probably lose all the data that was on it so hopefully you have a backup.
    04-22-09 06:13 PM

Is it dead?

Have you pulled the battery for a couple minutes, then let it reboot and see what happens
    04-22-09 06:46 PM
    If you cant fix it then. take it back to the store and get a new one.
    04-22-09 08:37 PM
    Have you pulled the battery for a couple minutes, then let it reboot and see what happens
    Do exactlly what he said. Your problem happened to me too, and I just followed the "dead blackberry tutorial" and loaded 4.5 when I loaded the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD