Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default WTF Green Light?

Look..this was the most annoying indicator, especially when you are trying to SLEEP at night. If I want to know my coverage..(while he phone is in front of me and I need to make a call) there is a nice status and signal strength icon in the upper right side that tells you exactly if you can make a call or have internet access. Otherwise..if you are NOT looking at your phone in hand..you must not want to make a call or be on the internet.

Otherwise..I'm sure your BATTERY just loves gettin sucked dry among other Power WASTING options.

Suppose it's really important to have that bright blinking light..to tell you IF you can make a call versus your battery being DEAD and not be able to make a call AT ALL!

I just love the way people think these days!

But thank you above for answering the most important piece of information which is to HOW TO TURN it OFF...because..I LOVE my BATTERY to last longer!
    NO BATTERY POWER = NO PHONE usage at all!
    CrackBerry Newbie

its an LED LIGHT! it uses like NO power
    its always on with mine ..to be honest i like the light..its how u know its a blackberry
    Last edited by Dan_8100; 01-06-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much! That dang light has been annoying me and thanks to your post, no more worries!! Whoo hoo!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

Is there a way to make the green LED come on during charging, or better yet, once 100% charge is reached, rather than be the coverage indicator (mine is off for that... too annoying...)

thnx
    Bold 9700
    OS 5.0.0.680
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Green light is gone!

Thanks a lot for the info. I just got my Curve 8530 less than a week ago - previously had Palm Treo - and must have activated the LED indicator without realizing what it was. Thanks again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Hello,

I want to know if at night when the phone is off and charging there is any option to turn off the charging blinking led ?
    Thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I want the green light back on...

How do I do this? I went to the screen/keyboard options. this happened once before where my indicator lights were on, and now they're not again. its irritating because if my phone is on silent, and i miss a call or a message, at least my lights will blink at me. can anyone help?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Glad I found this...only had my BB for 6 days and that green light has been sending me barmy! Thanks chaps!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

oh my god honey thanks for that it workedddd yipyipyipppppppppp xxxx
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
    The green light is your coverage indicator. You can turn it off under Options -> Screen/Keyboard -> LED Coverage Indictor.

I found it annoying, too. Got enough other lights going off
    Thank U, Thank U, Thank U! I accidently turned it on while trying 2 figure out how 2 turn a ringtone on my BBM..Still haven't figured that 1 out. N e suggestions? And WTF is in holster???
    CrackBerry User

I perfer the lights on so it tells me messages waiting or not I leave on as well always and also shuts my unit off at certin times and on at certin times too.
    CrackBerry User

How do you turn **** into numbers for pass words thanks or is this wong post area thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Flashing and solid green light

Quote Originally Posted by xucaen View Post
    I just got an 8310. The first time I plugged it into the charger the light flashed green. So here I was thinking that the green light meant charging.... well I just plugged it into the charger for the second time, and there is no light at all.. so.. what exactly did that green light mean? I never see any lights which would lead me to believe that it is trying to connect to a network. I browse the web, send e-mail.. etc.. and never see any light. It flashes red when I have received a message. Has anyone figured out yet what the green light means?
    I just received my Bold 9930 (Sprint) phone and one time I plugged into wall charger the green light (actually light yellowish-green) was flashing for hours and even when I unplugged it. The next day, I plugged it in and turned off the phone while charging and it still flashed yellowish-green all through the night. Both times I did go into the phone's options to see just how well the battery was charged and both times it was at 100%. The next night, I plugged the phone into the wall charger and it started out flashing yellowish-green then after a few hours or so the light went to solid green and stayed that way! So, I guess I'll never know why sometimes it flashes green
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: What's the flashing green light all about?

i have the same problem and i when to options and i cant find the screen/keyboard section. help please
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks a lot. It may have seem to be something simple, but sometimes we need a little help. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default mine isn't going off

I tried your method, contrary it becomes loud greed light instead of flashing one, when i switch off the LED coverage indicator. Donno what to do next?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12