Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Transferring contacts from Blackberry to SIM Card

Hi,

One of my salespeople has dropped his blackberry and cracked the liquid crystal. He will be using a phone temporarily until we get it replaced so i need to transfer his contacts from the blackberry onto the SIM Card so he doesn't have to write them all down.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
    Hannah
    Thanked by:
    Abdulla Km (08-26-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Scan the Avatar!

Does he use Desktop Manager? He could do a backup of his data AND sync with whatever contact management software you guys use (i.e. Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc...)
    MCTS, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, Dell DCSE, HDI Support Center Analyst, Apple Certified Associate
    Past >> 7520> 8830> 9650> Storm 9530> Storm II 9550> Torch 9850> BB Z10> Current >> BlackBerry Z30 STA100-3 (Verizon)

My BBM Channel: C000E96BE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    PIN
    777-9311

I believe the 8800 will only let you create new entries into the SIM Card (I have T-mobile SIM) but it won't let you transfer from the address book into the SIM. I've tried to figure that out myself - ended up having to write down all my address and reloading - hadn't backed up my info on the DM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks, he has done it all manually - i don't think he'll break his new one after this!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hannahc View Post
    Thanks, he has done it all manually - i don't think he'll break his new one after this!
    hey guys! i know i'm too late here and sorry. but you actually can do it. ijust finished with mine. but you gotta do it 1 number at a time. You view thw contact, then pull up the menu, scroll to the top the select "Copy to SIM Phonebook"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks so much for that tip! Very helpful. I've just done this and it's actually really easy, but I had trouble at first so wanted to point something out in case someone else runs into the same issue. When you go into one of your individual contacts, make sure that the cursor is on the line with the phone number (not the email). If your cursor is on the email line, the menu will NOT show the "Copy to SIM Phone Book" option. Just so happened that my first contact had an email address, so I was a little perplexed as to why my bb didn't seem to have this copy to SIM option...
    CrackBerry User

Thanks, I had been wanting to do ■his myself and tried everything except open the contact and clicking on the line with the phone numer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Former Rock Star

Global Posts
    5,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    Na Fo Fo Na Fa Fo Fo

I'm doing this as we speak. Thanks for the tips. It's a bit tedious, but I'm sure it'll pay off... somehow.
    cate
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I have about 1,000 phone book entries. Since these are marketed as business phones, I am guessing that is maybe a bit high but not atypical. i.e.- most people have more than 10 or 20 contacts.

There has to be a better way than one at a time.

I do back up so the numbers could be restored to a new phone, but this is a big part of why the SIM cards are there!
    CrackBerry User

Easiest would be to synchronise or back up with your computer through Desktop manager.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    244EBEF8

Smile SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by Talira View Post
    hey guys! i know i'm too late here and sorry. but you actually can do it. ijust finished with mine. but you gotta do it 1 number at a time. You view thw contact, then pull up the menu, scroll to the top the select "Copy to SIM Phonebook"
    After soing this should I see the numbers on the SIM card? Because when I look, I don't see the number I copied. Is there an option that I may not have on for writing to the SIM card. Love this idea for backing up numbers, but need to understand more I guess. Thanks.
    Only the lead horse gets a change of scenery.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

quick note, on the 7100i i had to load the SIM phonebook first before the option appeared in the menu, then all i had to do was highlight the name, bring up the menu and choose Copy to SIM Phonebook.

dont know if its like this on all phones and/or SIMs, but i seem to be limited in the number of characters i can use for the name of the contact when saving it on the SIM. is this normal?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Talira View Post

this works although very tedious. and i think it's the ONLY WAY to copy contacts from ur phone to sim. thanks a lot.
    owen.deLLoson
    WMNLVR
    CrackBerry Abuser

this, i believe, is the way to do it with most BlackBerry Devices. kinda tedious indeed but ...I hope this has been addressed in OS 6
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Too bad it is so difficult. I would just use my blackberry protect or DM to restore but I'm switching to a non-BlackBerry phone for a while due to damage to my BlackBerry.

I guess RIM figured nobody would want an easy way to switch to non-BlackBerry devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

i always sync between BB & Gmail , after login to this gmail account via phone (such as nokia) and sync back again , now we can copy easily to Sim
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hannahc View Post
    hi,

one of my salespeople has dropped his blackberry and cracked the liquid crystal. He will be using a phone temporarily until we get it replaced so i need to transfer his contacts from the blackberry onto the sim card so he doesn't have to write them all down.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
    hannah
    contacts form bb can be moved from BLACKBERRY to another smart phone with bluetooth.. You choose: Send contats to another phone and thats it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Transferring contacts from Blackberry to SIM Card

I have a Blacberry Curve and it does not display any function to transfer contact to sim card or to a Blackberry Storm