Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Copying contacts from device to MicroSD card

Helo.
    Pliz help! I need to copy my address book to microsd card, but i cant see an option to do it. I have 8800. Any help will be appreciated
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.

I don't believe that is an option - can you tell us why you need to - there may be another way to achieve what you want.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

If you have a sim card copy them there, unless you have more than 250 contacts, you can do this by viewing contact, scrolling to # field press menu(trackwheel), select copy to sim phone book, select save - yes it is 1 by 1, also if multiple # for a contact each 3 must be seperately, or can sync to outlook on PC
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    PIN
    *PM me*

I'm not sure if you can save contacts to disk. You should be able to back up everything on your Berry with the desktop manager software. Use the "Switch Device Wizard" option and click on switch BlackBerry devices. Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Ok. I was able to copy contacts from another non-BB fone, now i just wanted to see if it was possible with BB. The problem is that I cant see the contacts already on the microSD Card because i also want to import them to BB address book. OH SORRY AM TOO WORDY
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default blackberry microSD card for phone book

I also want to use the 1.8 GB on the microSD card to store my address book. Right now I have used up about 50 MB of the 64 MB in the 8320 I have with about 1,300 entries from my address book and other stuff. I can't see any way to get the address book copied, which should be a routine process. Anybody have any ideas?
    CrackBerry Newbie

so... does all this mean that it's not possible in any way to move/copy contacts to any other device except BB?!
    some kind of *.ipd format is preserved on pc but useless for outlook...
    will this agony end!?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Address book to micro sd card

I have my email addresses, physicall addresses, extra contact information attached to the contacts in my Blackberry, when I tried to transfer the contact to my SIM card, it only transfers the numbers...... Is there anyway to transfer all the information of the contact. Possibly to an Micro SD card or to the SIM car??? Need a solution, please!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

Sorry... no can do!

Transferring to the SIM is a partial solution but will lose a lotta extras beyond the ph numbers
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

Question : Why do you need this functionality?? If it is on your device, then why do you need it on microSD?

If it is for backup reasons, use DesktopManager... if it is for tranferring to another Berry... use DesktopManager.

An explanation of your full siuation would help so we can provide alternate solutions!
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
  11. JNM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

There is more than enough room in the device memory to store ALL of your PIM information. While I only have about 550 or so in my contacts list my father has over 4000 (yeah, straight from his office Outlook :/ ) and plenty of space to spare.

If memory is an issue for you I suggest looking into your emails and the attachments they have, your photos, ringtones, and songs. Those take up much more memory.

In regard to backups, just use the BB Desktop manager to do a full backup of the device and you can synchronize with Outlook while you are at it just to make sure you have everything safe.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Transferring databases off blackberry

I want to transfer my data off my blackberry to my pc but am hainvg the following issues...
    1. my usb port has bent pins and is not working to connect to a pc.
    2. I have 64bit windows 7 and there are no blackberry bluetooth drivers (yet) To be honest I have never had great success with blackberry and bluetooth and pc's

If anyone can assist with this request or provide bluetooth suggestions that would be great.

Thanks,

N
    CrackBerry Newbie

This post may get me where I am wanting to go: - forums.crackberry.com/f40/bluetooth-driver-fix-windows-7-64-bit-blackberry-dtm-262776

not posted as a link as I am a newbie on these forums
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Hoping someone can help.

Here's my situation. A friend had left his company and because he was not a T-Mobile user, he gave me his BB 8230 Edge. The problem is that his company had and IT Packet on the phone and Desktop Manager requires this password. Since he has left the company and does not remember the password, I need to find a way to back up my data prior to wiping the device. I have a large number of contacts and would like to avoid documenting each one of them if I don't have to.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    TC
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default hi :)

i have this same issue .I copied mine from desktop manager to my memory stick becuase it wasnt my computer and I didnt want to save it there.

I have located the file now and it seems to be in a different format.I dont know what to do.Pleeeease hellp!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,644 Global Posts

Different format from what? What version of Desktop Manager did you use to backup? What version are you using now?
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bb contacts to sd card

you can try the contacts to excel app in bb world and then save it to the sd card and then use it wherever you need it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default This berry policy is really lousy

Why don't we tell aloud clearly that you cannot copy all contacts to your simcard in one step but you can copy to another BB.
    Basically it is a secret way of trapping the BB customer into buying another BB since the transferring of contacts will otherwise become a pain in the ****.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Whether it is a partial solution or not - BB does not have the basic functionality of copying all contacts to your sim card.
    It is not a feature missed out, instead it is a purposefully laid trap.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Captain GA

I need to copy my Blackberry info; contacts, pics, etc to my new Samsung via SDcard or whatever. How do I do this?