Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Blackberry Video Converter..also COMPRESS??

I downloaded the Blackberry Video Converter by Seabyrd (I also see that the maker of this software is active on these and other Blackberry boards). My question is>>>does the software COMPRESS as well as convert?? that is, if I start with a 600mb movie file, will it come out the other end at, say, 150mb?? I ordered a 4G micro SD for my BB 8800 (which should arrive in a day or two) and want to put full length movies on it.

On another note, does anyone know of any sites where I can download full-length movies to convert?? CinemaNow lets me rent and download, but the movies only play on RealPlayer, and cannot be transferred to BB. Seabyrd (baconismidog) has links on his page, but after downloading Night of the Living Dead, I was unable to play it
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,612 Global Posts

Yes it will compress with the conversion, i dunno abt getting a 600MB file down to 150MB as it will look like p00 if you have that much compression but I guess that lies in the eyes of the beholder, I like my videos to look clean not like dirty youtube encodes, but thats neither here nor there, as for full movie downloads, I cannot commit to saying a place where you may legally download full length videos, I guess that falls under the category of what ones defines as legal as well, but if you want a personal suggestion on HIGH quality videos available for download and have the capability to be converted to blackberry compatible files check out stage6.com it's owned by DivX Networks..none of those lousy youtube encoded files ..DRM free as well.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-17-2007 at 01:33 AM.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks for the quick reply. I had just logged off, then my berry went off with your reply. Yeah, I just provided the compression 600>>150 as an example. I will check out your suggested site now for movies. You are like me: I don't want those sketchy YouTube type videos either. They look like WebCam jobs...a broken WebCam operated with a bootleg battery!
    The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

350 MB HD episodes of Heroes compressed to about 118 MB using BBVC. EXCELLENT quality, very little artifacting once I got the right settings.
    Member# 4563
    Be a CrackBerry Commando!
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    Forum Rules and Policies - Posting Guidelines
    :: BlackBerry FAQ
    ALT + left cap = NUMLOCK : ALT + right cap = CAPSLOCK
    Follow me on Twitter. I triple-dog-dare ya!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Do you have a link to this software?? Also, is it free, and most importantly, is the interface intuitive??? I am nogt savvy with converters so would like a very straightforward software. Mobile media forblackberry is a very simple a,b,c interface, but I am reluctant to pay 35 dollars.
    The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes, quite.

Enjoy.
    Member# 4563
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thank you much!!!
    CrackBerry User

Does anyone have the steps to convert the videos for that program?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    PIN
    I think so much of myself because I have boobs so getting my PIN has to be earned-crackberry women

Wow I am glad i found this.

I've been wondering how to tranfer videos and actually get them in the correct format.

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

HELP !! every time i try converting a video I get this black command screen and this
    "Mencoder is converting your files in the commadn window you see on your screen. CLICK OK when you see the progress text stop moving in the .cmd window."
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,612 Global Posts

Follow like it says, the file is converting when it does that, as soon as the text stops close the window and browse to the file and transfer it to your BB,
    while it's def true this program is free I personally find it does not work that good and is def NOT user friendly.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Siciliano>>>I have yet to use the Seabyrd tool myself. I downloaded it, but my 4G card is not expected to be delivered to me until Tuesday or Wednesday. Once I receive my MicroSD i'll give it a spin. Media Studio for Blackberry has a VERY user friendly interface, but costs $35 dollars. If I find that Seabyrd is too clunky, I'll use the Media Studio.

I sent you a PM Siciliano, and now realize that the spelling is all jacked up (i didn't spell check). Sorry for that.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Follow like it says, the file is converting when it does that, as soon as the text stops close the window and browse to the file and transfer it to your BB,
    while it's def true this program is free I personally find it does not work that good and is def NOT user friendly.

yes I see the black command window and the TEXT never even writes anything or scrolls down. It just stays there blinking and i sit there waiting... how long does it usually take to convert?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Well, a 350MB video took about 20 minutes to encode on a PIII 667Mhz with 512 MB RAM and WinXP. You probably have something much better than that, but it still takes some time to do all that crunching.
    Member# 4563
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    CrackBerry User

Yeah I still dont see any text moving. Just the black screen. No crunching is seen when i try to convert... Even a small clip.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrebo View Post
    350 MB HD episodes of Heroes compressed to about 118 MB using BBVC. EXCELLENT quality, very little artifacting once I got the right settings.
    For the love of all that is sane please help me. I've spent so many days trying to figure out why my Alltel Pearl 8130 won't play a single .avi vid that BBVC outputs. I've tried different settings, different sizes, clicked on all the buttons. I don't understand what I'm missing. I'm pretty savvy and this is just getting on my nerves. All of the vids from Bla1ze's site run perfect. I see that the Pearl can play .avi, but it just aint happening.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have compared different converters and I recommend MelodyCan.
    It converts music and movies, and also can remove drm protection. The converter is easy to install and use.