Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Battery drained Shutting down handheld

My BB ran out of power. I plugged it in to the computer to recharge.

On the screen, there is a text box that reads, Battery drained Shutting down handheld.

The BB is recharged but screen is frozen with the warning.

What should I do?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

try a batery pull you might have a bad battery or maybe you corroupted your OS try a battery pull frist thing
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    252BC76F

I have just had the same problem with my BB which I've had for 3 wks. The battery is fine s I placed it into my back up phone. It looks like the OS has gone crazy. Any fixes?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,112 Global Posts

When the battery gets that low on power the usb port on your computer does not have enough juice to properly recharge it.
    I had that happen to me, I plugged it into the wall socket, let it fully charge then did a battey pull. That solved the issue for me.
    Fear not the night . . . fear those who hunt at night.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    252BC76F

I've plugged it into the wall socket and it does not charge...I have been advised to get a replacement from my provider, but I'm torn between a curve & pearl!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default 8300 power port problems

My curve stopped charging. I was told by ATT that the problem was a damaged pin in the power port. This missing pin will keep curve from charging. ATT informed me that their management was keeping track of the number of calls received related to this problem. However, they would not replace my phone. Who is your carrier?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Battery drained Shutting down handheld