for free.
    jive talk or whatever is amazing, but it costs

oh and, it needs to be by data.

no sms :/

ahh please help
    haha

oh, i just need it for aim, i dont really care about yahoo or msn
    10-01-08 06:07 PM
    Hmm, could you not log into AIM via the web, from a BlackBerry?

JiveTalk really doesn't cost that much. It's worth it - if you're into messaging.

But, of course, the best would be BlackBerry Pin Messenger (obviously all your friends need to have a BlackBerry)...
    10-01-08 06:12 PM
    What do you mean via the web? i'm confused.
    haha
    10-01-08 06:18 PM
    Try Yahoo IM for BlackBerry, it's nice and uses nothing but data...
    10-01-08 06:19 PM
    is it for aim though?
    10-01-08 06:28 PM
    I use blackberry messenger. I have not used yahoo or aim in a couple of years.
    10-02-08 04:50 PM
    yeah i wish i had AIM

i love bb messenger too tho!
    10-03-08 03:23 PM
    I use the default Oz Messenger that came with my blackberry for AIM,Yahoo and MSN. Never have much problems with it.
    10-03-08 04:08 PM
    Ever since i got my black berry i have religiously check the AOL Instant Messenger website to see if they finally release an official client for my phone, 8700g.
    Finally on Friday i log on and try to download the aim client and to my surprise for the first time it doesnt tell me that my handheld is not supported at this time, it actually allowed me to proceed with downloading AND installing AIM on my device.
    I installed it i opened it typed in my screen name and password but when it attempts to connect it says "Service not enabled for this handheld".
    My question is, is there something i have to change on my side like when i first installed ramble that i had to change the network setting?

Its weird that AOL would finally release a client i can download but it doesnt connect.

Any one have any suggestions?
    10-13-08 10:22 AM
    I tried Aim for blackberry... it wouldn't even download to my 8700g saying it wasn't up to the system requirements...

So I downloaded and paid for JiveTalk

is it for aim though?
    10-13-08 04:06 PM
    Exact same error message I got with Windows Live Messenger! I gave up trying to configure.. and just went with JiveTalk.

Ever since i got my black berry i have religiously check the AOL Instant Messenger website to see if they finally release an official client for my phone, 8700g.
    Finally on Friday i log on and try to download the aim client and to my surprise for the first time it doesnt tell me that my handheld is not supported at this time, it actually allowed me to proceed with downloading AND installing AIM on my device.
    I installed it i opened it typed in my screen name and password but when it attempts to connect it says "Service not enabled for this handheld".
    My question is, is there something i have to change on my side like when i first installed ramble that i had to change the network setting?

Its weird that AOL would finally release a client i can download but it doesnt connect.

10-13-08 04:08 PM
    yeah, i tried it and had that exact same error message for it!
    i almost cried.
    10-21-08 10:30 PM
    The new GoogleTalk client for the 8700 is excellent! My favorite chat client yet and runs on data!

Do the google.com URL + mobile/blackberry/ [not at 10 posts so can't do a URL]
    11-03-08 07:20 PM

I hav the same problem does any one know how to fix aim because it says nt enabled on this hand held or can someone tell me how to change the network setting to use ramble someone plz help me pm me plz
    11-04-08 08:39 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...aim2046alx.zip
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...rs-aim2132.zip
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...rvicebooks.zip

1. Make a complete backup using DM
    2. go to options, advanced options, service book and delete ALL the service books. There is one that it won't let you delete "provisioning" but that's fine.
    3. Do a restore using my servicebooks.ipd file to your device with DM
    4. go to options, advanced options, Host routing table and register with the network. (this will resend your service books from your carrier to your device)
    5. Use DM to load the new AIM application to your device with application loader. Just browse to the .alx file I provided. I would use the 2.1.32 version since it works.
    6. Once that long process is complete, you should be able to log into AIM without incident.

Also, if you remove the ptt feature, once you reload the device with the AIM client, you will have to remove it again unless you already have it removed from the OS loader files directory.
    11-05-08 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD