Hi all, Just spent 2 plus hours going through the threads looking for some insight on this symbol. It is a rectangle located at the center of the screen. Inside this rectangle are three symbols; a circle, a square, and a triangle. This graphic appears whenever the battery is placed into the BB immediately after the spinning hourglass goes away. I have been labeled the "cell phone guy" after successfully repairing several of our company's Tmobile Wings and yesterday I was handed a box of five BB 8700g and asked if I could resurrect them from the dead. Four of them have this weird graphic and one of them just sits there and spins the hour glass. Any help you all can provide would be MOST appreciated!
    11-20-08 12:27 AM
    You need to reload the OS.

Go to Unsupported Browser

Download the latest device software and desktop manager.

Install desktop manager then install the device software, plug in the BlackBerry via usb. It should recognize the device and reload the os. If it doesn't you will need to wipe the handset using jl_cmdr then plug it into the pc and open C:\program files\common files\research in motion\app loader\then then loader. I'm not in front of a pc but I believe that's the path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:35 AM
    Try these also

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:38 AM
    Wow, in less than five minutes I receive a response. Thanks BlitzedATL. This late at night, I did not expect anything until tomorrow. I'll give it a shot and let you guys know how it turns out.
    11-20-08 12:57 AM
    Time is now 1:19AM and I have five BB 8700g's alive and well. I am really glad I checked into this web site. You guys are awesome!
    11-20-08 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD