So for starters, I currently have the Pearl. But I've been writing alot more emails and the suretype is driving me crazy. I'd really like to have the full querty keyboard. I looked on Ebay and I can get one brand new for a meager 64$ BUT

I'm wondering how this compares to my Pearl in terms of memory and speed etc....

I know there is no camera, media player etc... not stuff I really use anyways. I'm mostly using it for phone, email and to browse the web (facebook) LOL.

Can anyone give me some pointers...I just don't want to buy it and find it takes 15 minutes for an internet page to load.

THANKS!
    08-05-09 09:27 PM
    The 8703e does use EV-DO Rev. 0 which is the same as your Pearl. You won't be able to use the Facebook app because it now requires a trackball but you'll still be able to access Facebook through the mobile site. The 8703e has the same amount of memory as the Pearl but you get more of it. My 8320 had the same amount of memory that the 8700 I own has but the 8700 always has ~30 MB free while I was lucky to get ~10 MB free with my 8320. I think you'd be satisfied with the 8703e but it's a device that's EoL. I think you'd be better off spending twice the amount of money and getting the 8330 but for your needs the 8703e should be fine.
    08-05-09 10:34 PM
    cool...so its basically the same as the pearl..speed and memory wise?
    Just another quick question, I've never used the wheel...does that allow you to go side to side on the page (like the trackball does?) Or does it only go up and down?
    08-06-09 09:05 AM
    sorry...what is EOL?
    08-06-09 09:06 AM
    sorry...what is EOL?
    EOL = End Of Life
    08-06-09 11:01 AM
    cool...so its basically the same as the pearl..speed and memory wise?
    Just another quick question, I've never used the wheel...does that allow you to go side to side on the page (like the trackball does?) Or does it only go up and down?
    If you hold the 'alt' key while using the wheel it goes left-right, right-left.

The 8703e has been my first BB and I love it...got it from eBay for a song. It does everything I need; I don't require all the media stuff either. I got it to test if I would be into the BB scene before I drop mucho bucks on a new unit, and I am addicted. Now I'm not sure if I will ever upgrade! It is a strong durable phone. I wasn't sure if I could get used to the trackwheel, but it is VERY simple to use and navigate. Getting the click just right was the major learning part. I utilize Bolt and web pages load rather quickly.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask...
    08-10-09 02:35 PM
    So just got my 8703e from ebay...brand new! So far so good! I'm still adjusting to the wheel vs. the ball, but I am catching on quickly! What is bolt?
    08-12-09 01:42 PM
    Do you still like it? Work gave me one, I'm not really thrilled with it, but it was free.
    08-20-09 09:43 PM
    So just got my 8703e from ebay...brand new! So far so good! I'm still adjusting to the wheel vs. the ball, but I am catching on quickly! What is bolt?
    Bolt is an internet explorer, like Opera Mini. I had Opera on the phone when I got it, but it wouldn't seem to run....downloaded Bolt OTA and it runs beautifully! Made it my native browser, haven't looked back.
    08-21-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD