my issue is similar, its with a tour. My girlfriend emailed me today freaking out that her berry wont turn on or charge... suggested the obvious but it didnt work. now im home and swapped her battery with mine (from my tour) and it booted up fine. but my tour wouldnt start. Ive had the phone connected (with bat out) to the usb for about 5 mins and the screen is still black and the red led is on. gut says to just buy a new battery. if this works then cool but im not counting on it.
    01-17-11 07:42 PM
    Ok i have the blackberry torch and it wont switch on, the battery died yesterday and i put it on charge today and still couldnt switch it on, all i get is a red light then a black screen with a white battery and yellow lightening bolt going through it, it has been on charge for around 9hrs now and still wont switch on, i have tried doing a battery pull and still nothing. The phone is not even 1 month old yet so surely the battery cant be bad?
    02-26-11 05:16 PM
    i had just about the same problem i plugged in my blackberry with my boys charger and all of a sudden my phone shut off and wen i tryed to turn it back on it flashed real quick and back to the damn red light i took out the damn battery a few times for more den 30sec's den after a good 20 mins it turned on but now my signal comes and goes i cant seem to send out txt or recives if i do it i get isht mad late it takes for ever to make a call idk wat the hells going on any thoughts i have an extra battery and i tried that as well but that doesnt seem to work it just shuts off again back to the black screen and red led any thoughts on everything else
    Last edited by dj40oz; 04-08-11 at 03:43 AM.
    04-07-11 11:39 PM
    I had the same problem with my BB 9300. I've also seen similar cases reported on several forums like this since 2008. This is obviously a real BB issue that RIM must do something about.
    Last edited by kdships; 04-08-11 at 09:32 PM.
    04-08-11 09:22 PM
    Hi,

1). I have a 9650 bold, 7 months old. I leave it on constantly, even when charging.

2). Prior to the event of the STEADY RED LIGHT (stays on for about 30 seconds, followed by the charging symbol within the grey rectangle).

3). This what happen. I left the phone on the table and forgot to plug it into the charger, I found the phone completely dead.

4). I plugged the phone into the charger and then came back, nothing but the steady red light. I then removed the battery to reset the phone, I waited 3 minutes, then placed the battery back in, the RED LIGHT PERSISTED. I did this step about 3 times.

5). I took the phone to the Verizon Communication Wireless Phone Center, The tech, did the same thing. The STEADY RED LIGHT PERSISTED FORM. I told him that I think I need a new battery, he agreed. Amazing, not in a good way.

THE SOLUTION: YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY.

VERIZON COMMUNICATION CENTER.....ALTHOUGH THEY DO NOT ADMIT IT, THE BATTERY IS WARRANTIED FOR ONE YEAR. AFTER I BROUGHT UP THE FACT OF WARRANTY, THE TECH SAID OH YAH!?!?, "THE BATTERY HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY". IF I DIDN'T SAY IT. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE MENTION IT.

I did not have the time for them to try to charge the battery to get a free one, I just bought a new battery. But I think they knew the fact that the battery was shot and that it is a common occurrence, it seemed that they tried all they could while being polite to get me to by a new battery then waiting for their attempt to save the dead battery, The law of economics, if they have to constantly be giving replacement batteries or selling them at 35 a pop!

AGAIN THE SOLUTION IS YOU NEED ANEW BATTERY, BUY ONE ON LINE FOR 7.95THEN GOING TO YOUR PHONE CENTER AND PAYING 25 TO 35 FOR A BATTERY.
    05-17-11 07:18 AM
    Hi,

1). I have a 9650 bold, 7 months old. I leave it on constantly, even when charging.

2). Prior to the event of the STEADY RED LIGHT (which stays on for about 30 seconds, followed by the charging symbol, then shutting off).

3). I left the phone on the table and forgot to plug it into the charger, I found the phone completely dead.

4). I said Oh ****!, So, I plugged the phone into the charger and then came back (30 minutes later), no light no nothing, I replug the charger the same steady red light came back. I went to the google search, came back and then removed the battery to reset the phone, I waited 3 minutes, I then placed the battery back in, the RED LIGHT PERSISTED. I did this step about 3 times. Then I said what a load of steamy hot dodo, that blogger should be shot!

5). I took the phone to the Verizon Communication Wireless Phone Center, The tech, did the same thing (step 4, OMG! I though he was the moron that blogged the reset) . The STEADY RED LIGHT PERSISTED FORM. I told him that I think I need a new battery, he agreed. Amazing, not in a good way.

THE SOLUTION: YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY.

VERIZON COMMUNICATION CENTER.....ALTHOUGH THEY DO NOT ADMIT IT, THE BATTERY IS WARRANTIED FOR ONE YEAR. AFTER I BROUGHT UP THE FACT OF WARRANTY, THE TECH SAID OH YAH!?!?, "THE BATTERY HAS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY". IF I DIDN'T SAY IT. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE MENTION IT Greedy and NOT

I did not have the time for them to try to charge the battery to get a free one, I just bought a new battery. But I think they knew the fact that the battery was shot and that it is a common occurrence, it seemed that they tried all they could while being polite to get me to buy a new battery then waiting for their attempt to save the dead battery, The law of economics, if they have to constantly be giving replacement batteries or selling them at 35 a pop Greedy and NOT

AGAIN THE SOLUTION IS >>>>>>YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY, BUY ONE ON LINE FOR 7.95 <<<<<< THEN GOING TO YOUR PHONE CENTER AND PAYING 25 TO 35 FOR A BATTERY.
    05-17-11 07:38 AM
    WOW! Thanks to this post I just charged my berry for 15mins then! I tworked D
    06-01-11 10:48 PM
    hello people of the crackberry world, i slept yesternite with my blackberry battery three-quarter full. On waking up this morning, i met the phone off and the phone is not coming up again. On removing the battery and putting it back, the red light comes up normally but instead the red light should go off and the phone to boot, the red light starts blinking like every 3secs and the phnone is not coming up. i have tried removing the battery several times. i have also changed the battery but all to no avail. pls HELP!!!
    Last edited by walepiper; 06-23-11 at 09:15 AM.
    06-23-11 08:50 AM
    hi!
    I have an 8350i, i went to bed, battery almost dying, i said: Ill charge it in the morning,when in th morning i was on th way to th kitchen, th phone went off, happened to me couple of times, so i decided to charge it, when i plugged it, a red light came on, then off, after that, i am almost crazy!!i have been in several forums, tried to use jl_cmder, i tried that like 10 times, and nothing,i think the device is not being recognized or something,when i plug th usb, again the red light comes on, then off,i dont know what happened, please i need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    does anyone know the fix for this??????????????/
    08-10-11 10:32 AM
    My bold 9000 is flashing 4 times(1 long flash and 3 quick flashes). It won't turn on @ all. I have no idea what to do. It all started when I eft my bold overnight on the charger. I woke up and it was hot and dead. and it ever came on ever since!
    Is it dead?or can it be fixed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 12:34 AM
    Not sure if anyone can help me with this but here we go, I have a blackberry 9700 and it had a case of water damage. The phone was on 23% when it died without giving any warning. After charging it worked but then went off again:-( leaving it on charge the whole night the most it would do would be for the red led light to come on for roughly 15 seconds then go off and come back on? I took it to a repair place where they repaired my water damage and said it needed a new screen. Allocating a new screen it wouldn't let the software download and now I have the phone back it just goes back to the led coming on and off when on charge. I have tried another battery, yet I don't know what else to do? Someone help:-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 09:48 AM
    Im having some major probolems, with my torch9800. It wont turn on and the red light blinks. I'v done a battery pull, I'v had it plugged in!!! ya and the worst part is my warranty expired yesterday!! any other ideas??
    10-05-11 05:34 PM
    i have that same problem but it has water damage can it ever be fixed and if so plz tell me how... btw its a 9800 brand neww b rred light ont turn on
    10-12-11 07:35 PM
    hi
    i need some help here guys, i was charging my 8700 then it came off then the red light appeared, tried to turn it back on and nothin. can sumone plz tell me wats wrong with it, i tried several times and still the red light wont come off and it wont turrn on.
    follow the link ::blackberry solution for blinking red light 100% working - Page 3 - GSM-Forum
    06-21-12 06:53 AM
    one night when i was going to bed ,my bb wouldnt turn on it went off with only a steady red light. my mum looked it up and got it working but later it just went straight of again its been about 3 months now and its still not working..i havent even had it for a year and its never been abused or damaged
    i really need help
    01-13-13 07:13 AM
    I mistakenly drop my uncle's berry and the only thing I get is the red light,pls I need help ASAP
    06-12-13 08:07 AM
    hi
    i need some help here guys, i was charging my 8700 then it came off then the red light appeared, tried to turn it back on and nothin. can sumone plz tell me wats wrong with it, i tried several times and still the red light wont come off and it wont turrn on.
    12-06-13 03:20 AM
    lsn you guys i need your help,,
    so yesterday i was in the garden with family by accident my phone felt in liquid but it almost touched it like only for 30 seconds so i took the battery cleaned it all out and i thought it dried because it almost touched the water so it worked at first then it got jammeed so i re-inserted the battery and now not even a red light is coming ,, urgent.. dad is refusing to fix it for me -_-
    12-28-13 01:54 PM
    lsn up i need help fast
    so yesterday i was in the garden with my family by accident my phone felt in liquid but it almost touched like it only stayed for about 30 seconds so i quickly took it out and cleaned it out i remmoved the battery after 10 min i re-inserted the battery because i thought it got dried and all it worked then it got jammed so i re-inserted the battery again and the red light wont appear anymore argent...
    12-28-13 01:58 PM
    I had same problem for several time. It's a waste of money to buy a new battery for it, and it SHOULD not be the root cause. It must be a bug to deal with a almost-completely dry battery. There is no constant way to fix it, try the following in random:

1. Take out the battery
    2. Plug to the charger
    3. While the Red light it ON, insert the battery
    4. While the RED light still ON and the battery just inserted, Press the RED button continuously for 1 min - 3 min
    5. YOu will start to see the CHARGING icon.

To avoid it, never leave your c'berry discharge to 0%....
    03-21-14 08:42 AM
    Hey Guys,

My BB Curve 8520's battery was low and I was too lazy to charge it. I thought I will charge it next day. And the next day BB screen was off. And when I started charging it, only a red light was getting ON and no screen or anything.
    I charged the phone for sometime but still it wasn't working then removed the battery and inserted it again. Then, I removed the battery first and then connected the charger for like 2 min. Disconnected the charger and inserted the battery again. Kept the charging ON for like an hour. And then kept on pressing the red button. Still not working.
    Then connected it to the BDM and kept it like that for half n hour again. In first 15 min the screen got a battery charging icon and after another 15 min the screen got alive. My BB started working. Sigh of relief. (Ps This is my Girl friends phone. So, you can imagine how panicked I might have got . Just relax do what have been said, its going to work)

Regards,
    Abhi
    06-10-14 02:07 AM
    Have you dropped your Berry, or has it received any water damage?
    04-15-17 10:37 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD